163 to 186??

mccrone1977

Hi has anyone successfully transferred from a 163 business visa to a 186 or other PR visa? We are currently in Perth on a 163 although it is looking unlikely we can start a business as we haven't been able to sell UK house. However my husband has been offered a permanent job at a major bank so wondering how we would go about changing visa type and if it is possible. Many thanks

You should speak to a registered migration agent regarding changing the visa type. I cant see any restrictions on changing visa type, as the grant of the new visa will over ride the old one.

If he has been offered job and going to sponsor for 186, he will need a positive skills assessment. Just dont go down the 457 route.

Good Luck

Guest guest10912
Hi has anyone successfully transferred from a 163 business visa to a 186 or other PR visa? We are currently in Perth on a 163 although it is looking unlikely we can start a business as we haven't been able to sell UK house. However my husband has been offered a permanent job at a major bank so wondering how we would go about changing visa type and if it is possible. Many thanks

You will not be "transferring" to a new visa, the new application is completely separate and the existing visa you hold just does not come into it.