New ivites from WA through SkillSelect

Guest Going there

I'm with you on the confused bit! I've got a six and almost four year old but like you, I'm not sure what will happen with the little one yet. Until we have jobs to go to, it is quite difficult to plan isn't it? Im worried about the cost of childcare, do you have an indication of costs by any chance?

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it's hard to find out things specific to our situation on the Internet! I'm guessing if your youngest is not quite 4 he'll be in the year below Oli as his birthday is near the cut off date.

I'm not sure about WA, but our friends in NSW pay £250 per week for their daughter to go to day care. It's an AMAZING nursery though, it even has a splash park! Mind you they can claim half of that back so it works out pretty similar the the UK, but you still have the initial outlay. HTH :)

IIRC, the school year starts in Feb and its compulsory for children who will be 5 before the end of June the same year. So if your child's birthday is from June through to Jan your child will be 5 when they start school but from Feb to June they will be 4.

My baby was born 28th July 2012 so she would start school Feb 2018, she would be one of the oldest in the year! Not sure if that helps or confuses people. Kindergarten starts a year earlier but isn't compulsory

Thanks flatpack, I'm still confused so I'll post some more details in the hope you or someone can help. Oli was 4 at the end of May, his year of birth is 2009. I saw a chart on here or PIO that said if he was born before June 2009 he would start school in 2014, but he'll still be 4 then not 5, so that's why I'm confused :S before I saw that chart I thought he'd be starting in Feb 2015.

He will be 5 in May 2014 so will start school in Feb 2014 and will be 4 when he starts. That is compulsory, but he can start kindergarten in Feb 2013, i think that is part time though.

It's different to the UK in that the cut off is the same date they start school. The cut off date in WA is 6 months before and after the school year starts.

Edited by flatpack

Got our invitation today! Yay! It's taken ages to fill the form in with all the technical problems (keeps freezing when you save), but we got there finally at 10pm! Anyone got any ideas how much the medicals cost? And do we have to pay for a step child who is not coming with us but is under 18?

We have our ITA through this morning! My word, how quickly things are now moving. 6 days from getting my positive skills test and submitting our EOI!

It's a real possibility we could have our PR visa very soon.

Decision time now, should we do this on our own or use an agent? I did the EOI and SS by myself!

Hello - I had to wait 3 days for an email which asks to print out, sign, scan and email back the agreement. Not long to wait I thought....! You should get yours soon enough.

First of all, hello to everyone,as I am new member on this forum, which I found during my search process for WA state sponsorship information.

ACPC200, thank you for all information posted, it is great to see how people are willing to help and share info, which are of great benefit to all of us who are preparing our application.

Anyway, I would like to ask you about WA State sponsorship, as process have changed since 1st July. What about evidence of liquid funds??Do you have to provide it during you State sponsorship process?? After EOI, they sent you invitation, but could you please share which information they have asked you.

I am especially curious about proof of liquid funds???

Thank you in advance.

First of all, hello to everyone,as I am new member on this forum, which I found during my search process for WA state sponsorship information.

ACPC200, thank you for all information posted, it is great to see how people are willing to help and share info, which are of great benefit to all of us who are preparing our application.

Anyway, I would like to ask you about WA State sponsorship, as process have changed since 1st July. What about evidence of liquid funds??Do you have to provide it during you State sponsorship process?? After EOI, they sent you invitation, but could you please share which information they have asked you.

I am especially curious about proof of liquid funds???

Thank you in advance.

Hi,

Sorry I lost the thread. From what I remember in one of the application forms, the visa one I think, it asked about funds. It asked how much money I had and where it was e.g. current, savings, value of house etc. They did not ask for any proof of these funds. I will have a look and post back here if I can add anything else.

Hello All

Can anyone advise as to whether the letter of determination needs to be in my hand from oz before I submit EOI or can I do it as soon as I get a positive result email? (hopefully)

Thanks Andrew

if you mean your positive skills assessment, you can submit EOI and use the email you receive as we did....you only need a number off it.

can anyone help, started filling in the state nomination application but the page froze and said "there was a problem saving please contact WA" now I can't figure out how to get back into the application, when I click the link from the email to "start application and test" it comes up with "you have an existing application"!... I KNOW BUT HOW DO I GET INTO IT :arghh:please help

Rang WA this morning and they sorted it out, state nomination lodged and paid for now thank god! was a bit worried for a bit there, this visa business is a rollercoaster and a half!!

nikkiwd, who do you call (and where do you get the number from) exactly when you say you rang WA? Just curious, and gathering info in case I will need to do this. Thanks!