New ivites from WA through SkillSelect

Guest Going there

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

levi, I rang the number on the 'contact us' part of the skilled migration page on www.migration.wa.gov.au. the person was helpful and reset my application and sent a new link to get into it. Are you doing your EOI soon?

Thanks. Still waiting for the result of my remark request for IELTS. Then skills assessment (I think that will take about 4 months). I guess EOI comes after these.

Hi,

Sorry I lost the thread. From what I remember in one of the application forms, the visa one I think, it asked about funds. It asked how much money I had and where it was e.g. current, savings, value of house etc. They did not ask for any proof of these funds. I will have a look and post back here if I can add anything else.

http://www.migration.wa.gov.au/SiteCollectionDocuments/120912%20UPDATED%20state_sponsorship_criteria_2012_2013.pdf

So they had not been asked you for any proof of liquid funds...what about others???

ACPC200, can I ask you for a favour?

Could you please, post the activities with its dates...for instance, EOI submitted on dd/mm/yy... State Spons. invitation recieved on... State sp.application submitted on....visa invitation...case officer etc...

Thank you in advance...:)

Could someone help me with this issue...What will happen when I select visa 189 and 190 in my EOI.

Further procedure for selecting Visa 190 is clear, but what happen in a case when I select visa 190 and 189 at same time, and next round for invitations are on 2nd Sept??? Would they invite me for 189, and later if I get state sponsorship my 189 application become 190???I am not sure wheater they will consider me for state sponsorhip once when I get invitation for 189???

@Urlacher: If you get the invite for the 189 visa first, then get that one (submit your application, pay for the visa, etc.) If you get the invite for the 190 after that, then just leave that alone (=refuse it). In my opinion the 189 is better than the 190 visa. (I am not a migration agent.)

@Urlacher: If you get the invite for the 189 visa first, then get that one (submit your application, pay for the visa, etc.) If you get the invite for the 190 after that, then just leave that alone (=refuse it). In my opinion the 189 is better than the 190 visa. (I am not a migration agent.)

I have got 189 invitation on 2nd Sept, and I lodged visa application. Visa processing time right know between visa 189 and 190 is 3 weeks which is minor. I wanted to apply for 190 only due to processing time difference of 6 months.

Well I was curious what will happen in that case. I asked WA Skill Assessment Office and I have got this reply:

"You may apply for the subclass 189 visa based on your current invitation or wait until the invitation lapses (after 60 days) and pursue nomination for a subclass 190 visa.

The 189 and 190 subclasses are both five year multiple entry Permanent Residency visas with a 60 point pass mark. The 190 subclass attracts an additional five State nomination points, and has the added requirement that visa holders remain in the nominating State for at least the first two years.

All applicants must have at least 60 points to qualify for their subclass. A higher points total assists in gaining an invitation for the 189 subclass, but does not help in gaining Western Australian State nomination. The Department of Immigration and Citizenship allocation times for the 189 and 190 visas can be found at http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.htm

If you intend to pursue the subclass 189 visa, your application for nomination for the subclass 190 visa will be withdrawn. If you are going to let the subclass 189 visa invitation lapse to pursue nomination for the subclass 190 visa, please resubmit a new EOI and provide the number to Skilled Migration Western Australia so assessment can resume."

• 2 weeks later...