Anyone building a house here ?

jackboots

So we are building a house here in WA . I was just wondering if anyone has or is ? .

How was your experience , fun/stressful ?. Would you build again , who are you building with ?

Our build has just started this week after 7 months of paperwork and permits ... Sheeesh .. Starting to get really excited now and nervous ! :smile::smile::smile:

Guest guest9824

....oh I wish, very jealous. Would love to build here in the hills, but land would cost in excess of 450,000....maybe if we get rezoning!

Good luck JB

....oh I wish, very jealous. Would love to build here in the hills, but land would cost in excess of 450,000....maybe if we get rezoning!

Good luck JB

How much ? Begged me that's high ! We used to live in the hills , is that property with acreage or a box standard plot ? Thanks .

So excited for you. Ours was a very positive experience, and we would defo do it again. It's a fab feeling no one has lived in this house before. Try not to worry about the details too much. I've not walked around anyone's house who has built and seen any howlers , it's all your own oersonal taste. Have fun x

haha , I said that to our builders liaison the other day ... Have you ever had anyone build and say. Holy mooo what did we do ? . She laughed like mad !

Guest guest9824
How much ? Begged me that's high ! We used to live in the hills , is that property with acreage or a box standard plot ? Thanks .

JB about a 1500sqm plus.....block so good size which is what we have, so rezoning could mean halving that and selling off keeping half building on it...but I do like my space! Site clearing can cost 50,000 here, then sewers connection, electric, etc, that's without a house....talking 300,000 plus at least....so it's hard to rent whilst building too if all your equity is tied up....and renting is costing 750 plus a week. But....lotto is on....so never say never :)

Flip me ... Never thought about building until this year.. But then we were like why not ? I like my space but it sure goes when you build in Lego land ! Hey ho , I'm the rare person that would live in a two bedroom on acreage ! I hate big house's but like the space around me , fortunately we are building between two parks even if the neighbors are surrounding us :)

Edited by jackboots

• 1 month later...

Hi There

We are building to in Tapping with Collier Homes. Its been a long slog but mainly because I am Libra and cant make up my mind. My husband was pulling his hair out lol. Our slab has been laid and the brickies are booked for Monday Im sooo excited:smile2:

I stalk the site every day for change I cant help it ha ha. Homeone Forum is really good and informative and you get to see every ones builds as they progress :wink:

Any questions ask away if I can help I will

You are better off saving for prestart than the original buy unless its included , our first house this One paid 193 k basic few things, we lived in it for a. Our of years too big a d a pikey wife , we were going to sell , but price too low , we spent a few grand in the interior and sold , it's all about the Fi ish kid

I hear you Cavoodles ... its painful ( well it is to me ! my DH thinks I'm impatient ) waiting at times :)

AHHHH what is it with the rain fingers crossed they have water proofs and they are there when I drive past this morning!! I am totally impatient I what it built NOW!!!! So excited!!

I think our Pre Start was $11,000.00 but that included adding an extra hall and external door. Upgrading all the ceiling to 30 and the doors to 28 high and raising the movie room ceiling to 34. And the elevation.

The figures all look reasonable then you add them up and your in double digits!! Its not cheap this building lark!!:mad: