Plumbing Vetassess

roxy

Hi Guys,

What supporting documents did you supply with your Plumbing Vetasses?

We have a friend doing the same Visa, same assesment in Melbourne who only provided references from previous employers.

Our agent has asked for payslips & supporting documents to supply with each of the 3 references we already have... and its holding us up... big time!

Finding payslips from 2002 is not an easy task!!

Whats your thoughts?

Hi there

My husband is waiting the results of his vetassess for carpentry, and I gathered all of the paperwork which was very time consuming. We too had to provide wage slips (approx 6 per year) going back to 2005 - we had to show 8 years worth for the points. I also had to get p60's going back to then. It was easier for us because he has been at the same employer since 2005 and I am a hoarder so keep all paperwork like this. I also requested a download of national insurance contributions going back to 2005 which you can do online and is free and came within about 3 weeks. You can use this if you have any wageslips missing. (We didnt have all p60's.) We also sent in references, certificates, job description and job contract. These were all photocopies and we had to get every sheet (70 in total) signed by a solicitor - luckily a family friend is a solicitor but ring round which I did at first and find one who is helpful and willing to do them for a small charge.

Good luck with the whole process!

Ohhhh wow that is lengthy!!! There was me think our migration agent was being over the top... But then how come others have certainly only handed in references & done their assessment!!! Gahhhh

Well as it stands we have references from all 3 employers,,, 2 of with payslips... Just waiting on payslips for his 2002-2008 employer... It was weekly pay so we'll submit a payslip from every other month. Is that along the same lines as yourself?

Roxy

Hi Roxy

I wonder if the other people who have done skills assessment and sent in less paperwork were for different trades? Plumbers and Electricians have to be licensed on Oz so may require more in depth investigation. Carpenters aren't licensed but it may just be different trades and also different TRA's (we used VETASSESS, you can also use Victoria Uni.) Did your friend pass the assessment ok with just what they had? Also, did they need the points - or did they already have more with being younger for example?

For wageslips, my husband has been paid monthly and weekly, so I sent in 1 every other month for the yearly wageslips and 1 a month for the weekly wageslips.

It has been 3 weeks today since VETASSESS processed the payment so really hope to hear soon as they said it would be about 4 weeks. We then hope to book a technical interview quickly, which we have chosen rather than a practical assessment, again because carpenters aren't licensed you can do a skype interview instead.

Good luck, I hope you manage to get everything together ok! :)