Pre primary hours

Judilc

Hi all

We are just trying to do our final budgets. I have searched and have allocated a $85 per day nursery fee for my 2 year Los after going through older posts, however I'm a little confused about my 5 year old. She has just started year 1 and I know she will not start year 1 in perth until feb 2015 and before that will be pre primary. What are the hours for pre primary though? Do you have to get before/ after school care and can this all be done at the same site?

if anyone has a child in pre primary and you work I would be really interested to hear how you juggle it and the costs involved!

Thanks

Judy

Hi Judy,

I have a daughter in kindy 2 days a week and nursery 1 day. I also have a daughter in year 1 at the same school.

At our school there is onsite before and after care (run by camp australia) which is brilliant.

i don't actually use the before care but I think it is about $15 a day (opens at 7am). After school is $25 till 6pm. We are entitled to some of it back but we have chosen to claim it back at the end of the tax year.

The childcare rebates are a lot more generous than the UK in my experience.

Nursery is $75 a day (a bit less if its full time)

There are external care that come and pick up but I would definitely recommend having onsite care makes life so much easier :)

I used to rely on my mum for pick ups etc so it's important to have something you can rely on here.

where abuts are you heading?

Hope that helps!

shelley

Hi Judy,

I have a daughter in kindy 2 days a week and nursery 1 day. I also have a daughter in year 1 at the same school.

At our school there is onsite before and after care (run by camp australia) which is brilliant.

i don't actually use the before care but I think it is about $15 a day (opens at 7am). After school is $25 till 6pm. We are entitled to some of it back but we have chosen to claim it back at the end of the tax year.

The childcare rebates are a lot more generous than the UK in my experience.

Nursery is $75 a day (a bit less if its full time)

There are external care that come and pick up but I would definitely recommend having onsite care makes life so much easier :)

I used to rely on my mum for pick ups etc so it's important to have something you can rely on here.

where abuts are you heading?

Hope that helps!

shelley

Depends where you are regarding cost where I am its $91 a day

That's not correct. If you are PR or a citizen Child Care Rebate (CCR) is not means tested.
Yes it is correct. You have to qualify for CCB even if its at zero rate before you can get CCR - try looking up eligibility on the centrelink website. Even though CCR is not means tested you still need to qualify for CCB first which is means tested.

You may be eligible for Child Care Rebate if:

• you use a service approved for Child Care Benefit, and
  • you are eligible for Child Care Benefit, even if you earn too much to receive payment, and
  • you and your partner meet the 'work, training, study test' or are exempt from it

Yes it is correct. You have to qualify for CCB even if its at zero rate before you can get CCR - try looking up eligibility on the centrelink website.

You may be eligible for Child Care Rebate if:

• you use a service approved for Child Care Benefit, and
  • you are eligible for Child Care Benefit, even if you earn too much to receive payment, and
  • you and your partner meet the 'work, training, study test' or are exempt from it

Absolutely but I felt your original statement could have been misunderstood.