Peter Moyes or Joondalup Baptist

Guest KimandGary

Guest KimandGary

Hi, does anyone know anything about Peter Moyes Anglican School in Mindarie, or Joondalup Baptist School?

Would be grateful for any info.

Also any info on Ocean Reef High School would be appreciated too!

Many thanks

Kim

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Bobcat
Hi, does anyone know anything about Peter Moyes Anglican School in Mindarie, or Joondalup Baptist School?

Would be grateful for any info.

Also any info on Ocean Reef High School would be appreciated too!

Many thanks

Kim

We have friends whose children go to Peter Moyes at Mindarie, and they are pretty rapt with the school. They reckon it is first class, top notch.

Haven't heard any reports good or bad, about the other two schools you mention.

• 1 month later...
Guest Ells

We are looking at non state schools at the moment in the Clarkson/ Mindarie area as we have heard the state schools are terrible. Our daughter is only 1, but we are looking for a kinde space for when she is 4.

I found on another thread, (can't remember which site) that the teachers weren't great at Joondalup, but couldn't fond anything on Peter Moyes.

It is really difficult to get a feel just from reviews, so looking forward to going and visiting!

Guest KimandGary

Strange - I've since heard that Lake Joondalup is the best independent school in the area and its really hard to get into. And, I can't get either of mine into it (14 and 11), so there must be some truth!

On the other hand, I have also heard that Ocean Reef Senior High is a really good school now, with great sports programmes and also a programme for the more academically minded - will suit my two down to the ground!

Guest Ells

Could have been an old thread I read. I guess another danger of reading threads?

From what we have heard (as my family are out in Mindarie) it is pretty difficult to get into many of the private schools, so perhaps that reflects on both the standard of the local state schools, as well as the high standard of the private schools.

Guest KimandGary

Also, there don't seem to be so many high schools around that area. There are loads of primary schools, but not many high schools to choose from. Anyway, I can't wait to get there in October and have a look at them all!!! LOL!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest brydenbunch

Hi Ya

Peter Moyes, Good School difficult to get into, directly opposite Peter Moyes school is the Quinns Baptist College , just as good too....

Rachel

Guest gpo1971

I don't know about the school in Joondalup but my nephew goes to Peter Moyes and he loves it. Younger nephew is on the list as apparently its quite hard to get in.