Vocational education positions

Clare

My visa was granted in August and I've been trying to get my head around the whole thing and make some plans. My visa was granted for working in the Tafe ( further education) sector but originally I hoped to work in training and development in the mining industry as this was what I used to do. I have been told that as there has been a 7 year time lapse since I was last in T&D I won't be able to get a job in this field and therefore need to look at Vocational teaching again. I currently teach travel and tourism but have also taught psychology and public services. Any ideas about how I old go about finding employment?

Hi Clare, I'm interested in this one too as I'm a VET in animal sciences. I have been told I need to get my Australian 'assessors' award, equivalent to our A1/V1 but the TAFE's I've spoken to (albeit in NSW) have all said they will sort that once employed. There appears to be a few jobs around, although the majority do seem to be for trades. WAjobs is a great site with daily updates - most jobs appear to be I schools rather than TAFEs though. It doesn't seem there are many TAFEs in WA, or is it just me? When are you heading out?

Jess