Visa granted mixed emotions

sparky69

Hi everyone

Been on this perth poms for a while now only posted a few threads but read thousands of others so I thought I'd post another one.

Had great news today our visas were granted today 3 days after our meds were passed over, quick or what but previously waited 12 weeks for case officer. Anyway I digress what I wanted ask was when we were told about the visas rather than running around like headless chickens me and my wife just looked at each other gobstruck no shouting or screaming is it because it's now real and the clock is ticking and so much to sort out!

Wondered what other people's reactions were

I think you probably realise getting your visa isn't the end of the road and there's still so much to do! I was completely focused on the visa process and once we received our visa grant I went through all sorts of emotions...anxiety, panic, should we go? shouldn't we go...now I'm starting to get excited as we head out for our validation trip in 22 sleeps time!!!! Don't worry you will go through all sorts of emotions!

I was at work. Mrs p called me and said, "You can hand your notice in today!"

I remember thinking the last time I was so excited I was 6 years old and still believed in father christmas. I said nothing, just turned to my colleague who was heading to Sydney and my smile said it all.

A nano second later I was gripped with terror, worried about telling the kids that speculation had turned to reality, worried about their reaction.

It was a great day but I didn't know then how difficult a journey still lay out before us....

Guest guest10912

There was no jumping up and down shrieking with excitement for us. It was just a case of ok we got the visa, we had better have a chat about it later. Then we got ready for work and off we went. I know that there are some that go through the extreme excitement, but don't assume there is something wrong with you because you did not. It is not a bad omen or anything like that.

I think when the wife got her visa, we went out for a meal to celebrate and then carried on as normal.

It wasn't a big deal as we knew it would come at some point. It was just one item to cross of the to-do list.

Same as PR. I got a phone call during the day about it being granted, and we went out and had a drink to celebrate.

Guest guest9824
Hi everyone

Been on this perth poms for a while now only posted a few threads but read thousands of others so I thought I'd post another one.

Had great news today our visas were granted today 3 days after our meds were passed over, quick or what but previously waited 12 weeks for case officer. Anyway I digress what I wanted ask was when we were told about the visas rather than running around like headless chickens me and my wife just looked at each other gobstruck no shouting or screaming is it because it's now real and the clock is ticking and so much to sort out!

Wondered what other people's reactions were

It was a huge day for me especially, as I had wanted this for over 20 years. In saying that, there were moments when I thought, wow this is happening, and, our life is very good at the moment, why are we doing this..kind of moment. I knew it would be very difficult initially giving everything up without knowing what the future had in store for us, but the wheels were in motion, the carriage was begining to go up the ramp, and was about to go over the top....its been ups and downs ever since, but the ups have most definately made the downs much more bearable!

Enjoy the ride!