EOI Submitted for a 489 visa timescales

hhammond

• 1 year later...
Hi all. Our EOI was submitted today, I was just wondering how long did it take for you to get an invite (btw, we are applying for a 489 visa)?

Thanks in advance

hi .

I just seen your post. I wondering would you have any information regarding the EOI . I submitted mine back in September with still no invite. I now yours has been a while ago , but how long did it take ? Any information would be greatly appreciated . Thank you

When we applied for our 189 visa I checked the Immi website every 2 weeks for the results of the last invitation round. They are very limited for the 489 visa invitations. As at 9 January 2015 the results state the lowest points invited were those with 65 points and the last person to apply who was invited applied on 14 December 2014. If this is the case every round and you've applied with 60 points you could be waiting a long time. I haven't checked when the last time someone on 60 points was invited but you could check this on Immi website. I hope this helps.

Lou

Edited by Lou8670

Hi Lou

thanks so much for your reply. We have 60 points with the 489 family visa , will check that immediately . It seems like we will never get a invite . Higher points are taking priority . My agent says that I will get an invite . This could take forever . If you or anyone has information would be greatly appreciated . It's such a nightmare !

Hi Millie I too was going to go down the 489 FS route but with 60 points decided against it as they are taking forever. I don't think anyone on 60 points has been invited for a year so you could be in for a very long wait. We therfore decided to go for SS and got an invite within a couple of days this was in November we've just had co request police checks and medicals so should get our visa grant I suspect by March latest. I really was against 489 SS as didnt want to live regional as have sister and brother in Perth however I'm really warming to it now - only two years and then you can get PR providing you stick to conditions. Good luck!

Hi Lou

thanks so much for your reply. We have 60 points with the 489 family visa , will check that immediately . It seems like we will never get a invite . Higher points are taking priority . My agent says that I will get an invite . This could take forever . If you or anyone has information would be greatly appreciated . It's such a nightmare !

If I were you I'd have another chat to your agent as you could be waiting a very long time. On 9 January Immi invited a total of 100 applicants for the 489 visa and not all applicants on 65 points. Due to the continuing high numbers of EOIs received they have limited some occupations and allocating invitations on a pro rata basis. SkillSelect first allocates available places to Skilled – Independent (Subclass 189) visas and then remaining to Skilled – Regional (Subclass 489) (Provisional – Family Sponsored) visas. If all places are taken up by Subclass 189 visas then there will be no invitations issued for Subclass 489 visas in these occupations:

ICT Business and Systems Analysts

Accountants

Software and Applications Programmers

I'm not sure if this also affects you.

Is there any way you can increase your points by State Sponsorship, partners profession or through work experience?

Edited by Lou8670