recent ielts questions please?

Kezzles

As i have to re do my IELTS as I wont have enough points and now need 8's
mad.gif
I have rebooked for the 12 October. Is anyone willing to share what questions came up in the writing and speaking test that they recently took please? They usually use the same questions over and over...

Many thanks

Kez

As i have to re do my IELTS as I wont have enough points and now need 8's
mad.gif
I have rebooked for the 12 October. Is anyone willing to share what questions came up in the writing and speaking test that they recently took please?
They usually use the same questions over and over

Many thanks

Kez

They do?

I'm not even preparing for my next test (next year maybe?) because there is such a variety in the things they could ask me.

hi I have recently been in same position, took ielts academic in april got 9 speaking 8 writing 7.5 reading 8.5 listening overall 8.5, then realised I needed 8 in all catagories for immigration 20 points. I resat on 7th sept but did the general paper (fortunately got all 8s or above) but its such a stressful process to go through. in the writing I had to write a letter to a friend who was visiting my town suggesting best way to travel there, places to visit and the last thing ive forgotten! but 3 points to address.my speaking the main part was to describe a website I visited and talk about it and was based around using the internet. some of its a blur to be honest I was feeling a bit under pressure. what I did get was a couple of books from ebay the Cambridge ielts has practice tests in them, they were cheap and fake copies I think and sold as "not glossy pages" in description lol. I cant sell them on as not worth anything but your welcome to have them if u want them. its horrible when u fall down half a point on one area and have to do the whole lot again. feel free to message me. ive only just joined this site.

Hi kez. Can't remember if you're doing academic or general.

for my academic writing I was asked to compare a library. One was from 1990 and the other was present day. Pretty straight forward. The second question was teachers are lobbying to be able to have more of an input in lesson content but the government disagrees. What are the advantages and disadvantages of both.

For the speaking I was asked about the countryside - did I like it, what is affecting the countryside, what did I think the future of the countryside was. Then I was asked about buildings - how important was a reception area, differences between old buildings and new ones, which did I prefer. My 2 minute talk was to choose a room in my house and talk about it.

for my general I was asked to write a letter to a friend who was visiting my country giving advice on the best time of year to come, places to visit and different modes of transport available. The second question was what are the advantages and disadvantages of after school care.

For the speaking I was asked about different types of friendship, how I interact with friends compared with family or work colleagues. Social networking - what did I think about them. Communicating with people now compared to 20 years ago. Then I had to talk for 2 minutes about a friend ie how I met them, why I like them, what do I do when I'm with them. That one was a bit hard because it was all about friendships/relationships with people and nothing else.

Good luck kez.

Debs

Hi Kez my o/h as not come across the same questiones in his ielts and he has taken it 4 times, we also needed 8's due to our age, we have decided to go for a provisional visa and u can proceed with 7's which does restrict u in area's to live and work. Good Luck with your ielts.

Jen

Edited by jen007

Travelchic, my husband had the same general writing questions as you! seems a few people have had those ones.

for my husbands general speaking he was asked to talk for 2 minutes about politeness and whether he thought people had more manners nowadays, whether foreign people were as polite as us etc and then he had to give examples of how he saw peoples politeness/rudeness day to day and what he liked/disliked about those situations. Glad I didn't have to do it:err: