Job Market Perth - Information Gathering

Finn-in-web

Hello,

I recently have been granted my 190 Visa and will be moving to Perth in the first quarter 2014. Meanwhile I would like to get an as clear as possible picture of the job market there. Therefore I wanted to know if someone could provide me with a list of

a) firms that have their headquarters in Perth

b) firms that recruit for their Perth branch (headquarter somewhere else, i.e. MNC or Australian Companies with a Perth branch)?

c) notable (recommendable) recruitment agencies that have a reputation to successfully put you into work pretty fast.

FYI I am a Project Administrator with approximately 3 years of experience in Project Management (working in a company relocation project).

If you might have other hints that might help me in my job hunt please feel free to comment (but please not such general stuff as "look on seek.com" or " update your linkedIN profile"). I know also that my chances to get a job from abroad a very limited, which is why at this stage I'm mainly collecting information.

Thanks.

Hi, welcome to PP.

Some pretty specific questions to start with and simply Googling "companies with headquarters in Perth" returned some positive results for me.

As for your role, Perth is littered with project managers but most will want experience in a related field or WA experience.

There's no easy or fast track option here which is why most people respond with the obvious - Seek etc.

From experience the best way to get on here is to be visible, talk to people, build up your network and be patient, the pace here can be glacial.

You may find you simply have to persevere.

FYI I am a Project Administrator with approximately 3 years of experience in Project Management (working in a company relocation project). If you might have other hints that might help me in my job hunt please feel free to comment (but please not such general stuff as "look on seek.com" or " update your linkedIN profile"). Thanks.

We employ Project Administrators in Perth now and again, do not need anyone at the moment though, and when we search for new ones our first trawl is through LinkedIn for those people with their account set to "seeking employment" and so bear that in mind. We are not the only company to do it this way so my hint would be make sure, if you arrive with no job, that the settings are correct on your account. As for the detailed list of requirements there was a poster here a while ago who had a list but if they are not around, and you cannot find the thread via a search on here, then Google is the go to create the list. However the bottom line is about who you know, and not what you know, in Perth in terms of job hunting unless you have a niche skillset. In your case unfortunately the city is awash with Project Administrators so as Porty above says get here, build the contacts and just keep shaking the tree.

Edited by StraighttothePoint