High schools in Mandarah

jen007

Hi again, does anyone know of a good secondary school for our 13 year old son in a good location to live, we have been doing some research and Hallshead seems to be coming up more than once, we are open for suggestions and I guess mt priority is to find the right school first.

Many thanks

Jen

The schools mentioned are private schools and you may have to join a waiting list to get into them. My lad is in year 8 at Mandurah Baptist and he says that it is a good place to go.

As for state schools in Mandurah, not much difference between them really, as the UK some schools have a bad rep., others not so bad

I really don't know if this will help you, but my 13 year old daughter is at Halls Head Community College and has been since July, so not long. I'm awaiting her school report with baited breath. The secondary schooling here has worried me no end. I really don't know if the public high schools here are really that bad.

I'm trying to see if we can afford private here, as we came from an affluent area of the UK and had the pick of excellent High schools and I really don't want her education to suffer. If we really can't afford private I would consider returning to the UK as no move is worth ruining my kids chances of a decent future. We thought we'd easily afford it, but I can't seem to get a decent job in Mandurah, all I can get is 10hrs a week work. Can anyone tell us if the gap between private and state education is really that bad?

It really depends where you live. There are some excellent State high schools and some poor private schools. Only seven State schools made the top 50 schools list in terms of results and no school in Mandurah, Govt or private made the list.

http://www.scsa.wa.edu.au/internet/Publications/Reports/Statistical_Reports/School_Comparison_Statistics