Do we have xmas markets in Perth??

jonandsarah

Do we get xmas markets in Perth anywhere - Iam NOR but don't mind travelling. My daughters aunty in Sydney every year used to send her an xmas bauble with Australia animals etc and it used to be personalised with her name and year in glitter - my sister has just had her first baby and would like to get one for him to send back - any ideas where I can get this done - Cheers Sarah

Guest guest9824
Do we get xmas markets in Perth anywhere - Iam NOR but don't mind travelling. My daughters aunty in Sydney every year used to send her an xmas bauble with Australia animals etc and it used to be personalised with her name and year in glitter - my sister has just had her first baby and would like to get one for him to send back - any ideas where I can get this done - Cheers Sarah

Hi Sarah, for baubles I would try Myer, they have the Aussie animals in them, I'm sure you would get a 'baby's first Christmas' one. The Myer in Perth has a lovely Christmas decos display. As for Xmas markets, we used to have one in Kalamunda, in December, and I have a feeling it was an evening thing, not sure if it will be happening this year, as there has been a huge change in shire councellors so funds may be cut for things like that. Good luck with the baubles.

Guest guest9824
cheers peanut will try there - its our first xmas here so don't know where to go for anything at the moment

No worries, you might like to go to Carols by candlelight in the city in December, Supreme Court Gardens, take a picnic rug, and some nibbles and sing along to the Christmas carols...it's a lovely evening. Most of the local parks have carols by candlelight in the month of December too, so if you don't want to venture into the city, you will probably have one nearer to where you live. Ours is in Stirk Park our local park, everyone turns up with picnic rugs and food and we all sit around listening to local choirs and sing carols! The Hawker Markets in Forrest Chase will be starting soon too. (November I think) It's food rather than anything else, but they are on Friday evenings from 5.00pm til 9.00pm, again it's a nice way to wander round trying different foods, people watching etc. Lastly, we go on the Christmas lights cruise in Mandurah, it's a nice evening, sailing past some lovely houses in Mandurah, houses decked out with Christmas lights!

Enjoy!

Guest guest9824
BBQ on the Beach with everyone wearing Santa hats whilt in their beachwear ...or is that just my image...lol

Lots of people do exactly that Bobo...but I'm not a beachy peanut, so we spend the day at home, doing the usual stuff on Chrissy day, in the aircon, then venture out of the house after we have eaten Chrissy dinner, and spend the rest of the day and night in the pool. It's a hard life but someone has to do it! :wink:

Last Xmas was our first and I loved it but yes I'm not sure how long it takes to equate Xmas and sun rather than a wet wintry one.

in the morning it was beach n beer at Cottesloe then 14 for lunch back at ours for tradional Xmas lunch...No probs with the heat whatsoever.

if like us your a family on there own then new friends will become your "family".

as for gifts, like Pea says head to Kalamunda, lots of great stuff there or other places just keep your ear to the ground, check papers, websites etc

Lots of people do exactly that Bobo...but I'm not a beachy peanut, so we spend the day at home, doing the usual stuff on Chrissy day, in the aircon, then venture out of the house after we have eaten Chrissy dinner, and spend the rest of the day and night in the pool. It's a hard life but someone has to do it! :wink:

Pea ...that was my other image !!!!!

You mean your're not a roasted peanut type of gal?!

I agree with Elfie. It isn't as big a deal here as it is in the UK.

We normally go to the beach for a bit - surf rescue has Santa arrive by jet ski.

I remember the thing that surprised me most was our first Christmas and our bin day was due to be Christmas day - and therefore also new years. I was dreading it as it meant it would stink to high heaven with all the prawn shells and things. Neednt have worried. Christmas morning the bin man turned up as normal!

Oh, and the public transport operates as well.

jon and sarah I think you will find those baubles in the normal shopping places ie. Joondalup ,ocean reef if north , they are normally on pop up christmas stands, you order and go back when they are done.

That's brill we are just down the road from lakeside so will keep an eye out it there as I really want to get him one.

Cheers

Sarah

Guest guest9824
Are Kalamunda markets not the first Saturday in every month? Think so.....

Yes the markets are still first Saturday of the month. Its on tomorrow for October! I was referring to the Christmas market:cute:...which is only in December and an evening event. With the big shire shake ups and the loss of our exPresident Don Mckennie ( scot) who drove a lot of community stuff, who knows whether a lot of things won't go ahead. I forget to say we have a piper play at out Carols by Candlelight:biggrin:

Yes the markets are still first Saturday of the month. Its on tomorrow for October! I was referring to the Christmas market:cute:...which is only in December and an evening event. With the big shire shake ups and the loss of our exPresident Don Mckennie ( scot) who drove a lot of community stuff, who knows whether a lot of things won't go ahead. I forget to say we have a piper play at out Carols by Candlelight:biggrin:

We went up on Saturday again as we have a pal over from Scotty Land and they were ok. Some very good, unique stalls but also some right lot of s.....!! :wink: The guy with the garden ironmongry has a great wee number going and his stuff goes really well. Being a caring, sharing type of guy we use the church hall along from IGA for coffee because all the cash raised goes to charity. At 56 I was the youngest person in there though, bless :wink:

Guest guest9824
We went up on Saturday again as we have a pal over from Scotty Land and they were ok. Some very good, unique stalls but also some right lot of s.....!! :wink: The guy with the garden ironmongry has a great wee number going and his stuff goes really well. Being a caring, sharing type of guy we use the church hall along from IGA for coffee because all the cash raised goes to charity. At 56 I was the youngest person in there though, bless :wink:

Thas our lovely local church, jeez you were nearly at chez peanut residence....free Nescafé here:wink: