309 offshore Payment taken today 02/10/2013 let the countdown begin!

BC&AT

Hi Guys,

Good luck to all those planning to emigrate, I hope it is a smooth process. I am Planning to emigrate to Perth with my girlfriend next March/April (if the visa is approved by then). 309 defacto visa submitted last week to the high commission in London, payment taken today. Just need to put it to the back of my mind now and hopefully the month's will fly by!

Edited by BC&AT

Hi BC&AT,

Welcome to Perth poms! I'm pretty new on here but have so far found it to be really friendly and informative!

We have also submitted a 309 application for my husband, back in June, and he's already done the medicals and police checks, so now we wait, and get more and more addicted to this forum...

We (me, hubby, son who will be 6 and daughter who will be 3) are also planning our move for end of March/beginning of April and should have hubby's visa by then (will be 9 months on 20th March) but worst case he will travel on a tourist visa and have to go off-shore at grant time.

We're moving to Mandurah, how about you, where are you headed, is it just the two of you?

Hi HLV,

Thank you, yes I agree very friendly and informative. I think I am being a bit optimistic with my timelines of March/April I'm just hoping for the best case scenario! but I realise that the timelines given from the department of immigration are 8-9 months, so its likely to be a little later. I have already submitted my police check so now just waiting for a case officer and a request to arrange the medical. How long did it take for a case officer to contact your Husband?

Yes It is just the two of us, we are moving to the northern suburbs initially to stay with my girlfriends family until we get on our feet.

I know what you mean about getting addicted! my plan was to put the whole thing out of my head until the visa is granted, but I am already finding it difficult.......

• 1 month later...

Yay, I bet you were pleased to finally get a case officer, that took them a while!

We did hubby's medical earlier than advised since we knew our timeline and are definitely planning the move within twelve months of him having it, so no worries about it expiring before entering Australia. Did they ask for any additional information? The only correspondence we've had is the initial email contact from our case officer and receiving our original documents back in the post that we sent her. I guess next time we hear anything it will probably be when his visa is granted, can't even imagine how exciting that will be!

Best of luck with the waiting!!!

Yes very pleased, it took 5 weeks for the initial contact. Like you no further information was requested. We have also received our originals back from the high commission and I just need to book in for my medical. We have no time restrictions, we are both definitely ready to move, cannot wait to start this new chapter of our lives. It's interesting that your husband did his medical early, I think I will do the same if the only advantage of waiting until Jan is extending the time we have to enter Australia. I will try and make an appointment today, I would rather just get everything out of the way.

Yep best of luck to you as well, I will keep an eye out on here for the day it's granted. Exciting times!

• 5 months later...
Pffff!!!! I'm not enjoying this waiting lark......

The waiting is the worst.

My partner residency application went in 5th Sept and I'm still waiting for it to be finalised, but I have heard last week from my case officer it will be done before the 21st May, so that's something.

I only heard this information as I emailed my case officer to say that I was planning an 'extended visit' on an e-visitor and understand I could be there when it was finally granted and is there anything I should be aware of.

From all the contact I've ever had with them, it is a particularly busy time and current waits are 8 to 9 months.. :(

So hopefully it won't be too much longer for you now.

The waiting is the worst.

My partner residency application went in 5th Sept and I'm still waiting for it to be finalised, but I have heard last week from my case officer it will be done before the 21st May, so that's something.

I only heard this information as I emailed my case officer to say that I was planning an 'extended visit' on an e-visitor and understand I could be there when it was finally granted and is there anything I should be aware of.

From all the contact I've ever had with them, it is a particularly busy time and current waits are 8 to 9 months.. :(

So hopefully it won't be too much longer for you now.

Hi pearcen,

Thanks for for the info. I haven't contacted my case officer yet, I was thinking about it,but I will hold out until June. it's strange not hearing anything at all, I get paranoid that something's gone wrong! When I first applied most people on the forums were having the visa grant around the 7 month mark, but it's over 8 months by the look of it now then. Such a big decision making the move, I'm just keen to get going with the adventure now! Good luck with your plans.

Hi pearcen,

Thanks for for the info. I haven't contacted my case officer yet, I was thinking about it,but I will hold out until June. it's strange not hearing anything at all, I get paranoid that something's gone wrong! When I first applied most people on the forums were having the visa grant around the 7 month mark, but it's over 8 months by the look of it now then. Such a big decision making the move, I'm just keen to get going with the adventure now! Good luck with your plans.

The last thing I wanted to do was bother my case officer, but as you have to let them know any travel plans to Aus it was a good excuse for me to contact them to let them know I was going, PR or not. Just glad they replied with what I wanted to hear.

Good luck and hope you hear something soon. They just seem to be very busy but I know it seems like they are dragging their heels.

I feel your pain, the last month or so of waiting was incredibly frustrating! Impatience got the better of me at the eight month mark and I emailed hubby's case officer just to ask them if they would be able to provide us with an update on timelines. They replied with his visa grant, so a gentle nudge might not be a bad idea when you get that far along!

Won't be long now before you're here, may the waiting pass quickly for you!

I submitted my application in November, CO assigned in November and done my medicals etc in April,

Received a letter about 3weeks ago saying thats all the info needed, I cam travel to Australia on a different visa but they are unable to advise which one whilst I await my PR Visa 100 as the processing times are 8-9 months and there are applications in front of my application.

Its like waiting for xmas again as a child!

Edited by steven_gers

Cheers for the updates guys. I will definitely send an email on the 8 month mark. It look like if it's granted in June, I will be heading out in August. I'm planning to look for work when I get there, but at least I can apply for jobs from over here in June. it might give me a bit of a head start, in the hope that I don't have to use my savings for long when I'm in Perth. Whatever happens though, I will just be glad to get that grant!

• 1 month later...