Anyone recommend a Good migration agent?

Cheva

Hi everyone,

Such a great resource this place is. Lots of good advice seems to come in daily. I know its a loaded question, but can anyone recommend a good migration agent?

I paid $100 to get some advice from Miklos at Star migration (as recommended by Bobinoz.com), but he seemed not so friendly and forthcoming with information.

It looks like we have enough points to come in under the 190 state sponsored visa to WA, ideally to Perth, as I have 8 years in hospitality management, 36 years old, British etc but was curious to see if the same recommended names of agents keep popping up on this site?

Is there an average amount it should cost to use one? We were quoted $11,000 through Miklos, with a time frame of 12 months. We have savings for about $100,000 between us, wife is in a very similar situation to me. We have a 2 year old son too. Absolute terror he is now. Luckily I dont think I have to include that on the form.

Advice sincerely appreciated :smile:

Hi there.

We used Visa Bureau and they were fantastic . It cost us £2,800 for their services (not including IELTS or application costs) and it took us 7 months for a 190 but we were very pro-active.

$11,000 seems pretty steep, even taking into account the exchange rate, but you don't state if that's just the agent cost or if it includes the application fees?

Whoever you choose it is crucial that the agent (individual not company) is MARA registered otherwise you will have no comeback if they stitch you up.

Good luck with you application!

Hey Nikkis2000,

That was with the ¨Dispursement fees¨ of $6,800 which I presume meant the application fees, with $11,000 being the grand total, not including medical or IELTS though.

2,800 pounds seems ok as a migration agent charge, so your total must have been around the same as ours? Sorry to talk money, it seems so rude! Just starting out on this and want to get a good idea of costs.

What do you mean by being very pro-active?

Thanks!

Hi Cheva,

Don't worry about talking costs, it's one if the first hurdles we have to get through in this process!!

By pro-active I mean that we turned all the documentation, application forms etc around as quickly as we could. The early stages of the process are very much in your own hands in terms if completing IELTS, skills assessment etc. if you sit on things the process will take longer.

Obviously once it's out if your control you have to rely on the powers that be! And they will take their own sweet time!!

We applied ourselves and didn't use a migration agent. I did a lot of research on immi.gov.au and on here and PIO. Although lots of people use an agent as if you get it wrong it can be very costly. Agent fees can be between $1500 and $11000 depending on the visa you are applying for and the complexity of your application, most seem to pay around $2500 for a skilled visa, and then of course there is the cost of the IELTS exam, if you need the points or need it for your skills assessment, which is about £130, PCCs are about £45 and medicals are £300-350 per adult, £99 per child. And this is on top of the visa fee which will now depend on how many people are on your application. If you are applying for a state sponsored visa you'll also have the cost of being assessed as eligible for sponsorship by the state.

Just make sure the agent is MARA registered!

https://www.mara.gov.au/Consumer-Information/What-does-it-cost-to-use-an-Agent-/What-does-it-cost-to-use-an-Agent-/default.aspx

Lou :)

Thanks Lou! Very helpful, I might be tempted to do it myself as I dont think ours is too complicated an application!

Although some people say they do half of it themselves, and then half through an agent, I wonder what half you can do yourself?

Thanks Lou! Very helpful, I might be tempted to do it myself as I dont think ours is too complicated an application!

Although some people say they do half of it themselves, and then half through an agent, I wonder what half you can do yourself?

I would think most they consult an agent and then do a lot of the preparation themselves as this would entail possibly sitting the IELTS and preparing all your documents for skills assessment. I would think they then get the agent to check everything is in order and lodge their visa application to ensure it is lodged correctly. TBH no agent can do it all for you. They can advise and guide but it's you who has to pass the IELTS, collate all of your documentation etc etc. once they have received all of your paperwork and checked its all in order they can then lodge your application electronically.

Good luck :)

• 2 years later...