How long to get phone and internet set up?

Julie

I have just spoken with iinet and they advise me to get phone and internet set up at our rental property may take up to 20 days. Are they kidding? Do things really move that slow here? Can anybody recommend an internet provider who can do this straight away?

When we first got here to please the kids so they could still go on line for their games and Skype with their mates we got a portable modem thing from Allphones that we literally just plugged into the wall and away we went the same day. We then used this until we moved into our long term rental but even then they got our phone and internet set up with 6 working days and we are with TPG (I think thats the name) and we have not had any problems with it. (Can you tell that I am not technically minded), hubby did it all.

We boughts a mobile wifi modem for about $100 when we arrived. That did us whilst we were in rental properties. Changed to iinet when we brought out 1st house here in Feb, and that did take a month for them to set it up. No problems since then however.

All the main brands do one, and as long as you don't try and download lots, then its not too expensive.

Nick

this maybe a silly question but can you bring the one you have from the uk ?
Technically, yes. In practice it would just all be too hard. Better to buy one here. Choose your network carefully though - coverage may be different from what you're used to.