Plumbing Vetassess next week HELP!!!

GMAC

Hi all,

I am doing my plumbing Vetassess next Saturday (19th). :unsure::arghh::unsure:

I am a maintenance plumber and do not hold a safe gase card. Is there anyone who has done the assessment recently?

I would be grateful if anyone could give me any advice or tips.

Thanks

My boyfriends going to Melbourne to do his on Wednesday so I'll try & remember to come back & give you the full low down :) I've read other threads on here that are really helpful re the plumbing. My partner is a plumber but has no gas certificates... It's not something he's done a lot off. Good luck

My boyfriends going to Melbourne to do his on Wednesday so I'll try & remember to come back & give you the full low down :) I've read other threads on here that are really helpful re the plumbing. My partner is a plumber but has no gas certificates... It's not something he's done a lot off. Good luck

Hi Roxy,

That would be grate to have some inside info:cute: . Looking forward in hearing all about the big day and let your boyfriend know I wish him luck.

Chat soon.

Hi GMAC... It's aswell you reminded me.

Okay so when he rang me on his brake he used these words to describe it 'this is just another government money scheme scam..' Lol

He was the ONLY person in the assessment, the assessor does it part time every few weeks and travels to do other ones.

The day was scheduled for 830- 5, he was finished and left by 1.30.

Morning was made up of a practical he was told to go and pipe a wash hand basin & solder some bits of pipe. Meanwhile the assessor left him to it while he done his own paperwork elsewhere... He said if he needed help he could ask him- very very informal. (Obviously he didn't need help)

Then they had a break & a theory part.

He said the assessor sat & went through half the questions with him & then left the other half for him to try alone. He said the only difficult thing was that he hasn't done an exam/theory in ages so forming the sentences made his head hurt - haha

Pretty much the same outcome as every post I've previously read about plumbing assessments. He asked him if he'd passed & he gave him the nod ;) a You'll do just fine! Good luck!

• 7 months later...

Hello cornishpoms ,

im new to this site and I've just seen your post . I am hoping to do my vetassess soon , as a plumber but I'm not time served .

i was hoping you could pm me,to tell me how your o/h got on with the day because he's no a plumber .

any help would be fab

regards wil .