Maintenance Engineer Work

Hi all,

This is my 1st post.

Myself and my wife are looking at moving to Oz with our 2 young boys. Always been an ambition of mine.

I am looking for multi-skilled maintence work, preferably in FMCG environment. Can anybody point me in the right direction.

We are just looking into the different options available for us to emigrate at the moment, nothing set in stone with visas etc.

Hi all,

This is my 1st post.

Myself and my wife are looking at moving to Oz with our 2 young boys. Always been an ambition of mine.

I am looking for multi-skilled maintence work, preferably in FMCG environment. Can anybody point me in the right direction.

We are just looking into the different options available for us to emigrate at the moment, nothing set in stone with visas etc.

Hi Paul,

Welcome and just want to say hi as I am a Maintenance Section Manager working at a regional distribution centre and my trade is plumbing. Been going through the long process since April.

Please PM me if you would like to ask any info? Oh yes where abouts you from? I am from Kent.

Greg

Hi Paul and GMAC

I'm a qualified refrigeration engineer or refrigeration mechanic as they are called in OZ. Apparently the easiest/best way for me and the family to enter OZ is on a WA government sponsored 489 skilled visa ??? Whatever the bloody hell that is!! Or depending on my IELTS results I could get a PR visa. All a bit confusing when new to it but I'm sure it will all become clearer. We are off to a migration seminar in Manchester this weekend to see if that answers some of the questions we have. Also there are some very good and helpfull folk and answers on here!

My main concern at the moment is we get out there rent a place and start looking for work to find that my 20 years experience and UK qualifications mean nothing and I have to re train. That is not an option for us! We will have a few quid to take with us and have about £100k in a pot somewhere. But we are not looking for a long holiday we want to start a better life not blow all our cash and have to return to this blood cold wet ****e hole.....

Anyhows best of luck lets see how we get on.

Hi Paul and GM I'm a qualified refrigeration engineer or refrigeration mechanic as they are called in OZ. Apparently the easiest/best way for me and the family to enter OZ is on a WA government sponsored 489 skilled visa ??? Whatever the bloody hell that is!! Or depending on my IELTS results I could get a PR visa. All a bit confusing when new to it but I'm sure it will all become clearer. We are off to a migration seminar in Manchester this weekend to see if that answers some of the questions we have. Also there are some very good and helpfull folk and answers on here!

My main concern at the moment is we get out there rent a place and start looking for work to find that my 20 years experience and UK qualifications mean nothing and I have to re train. That is not an option for us! We will have a few quid to take with us and have about £100k in a pot somewhere. But we are not looking for a long holiday we want to start a better life not blow all our cash and have to return to this blood cold wet ****e hole.....

Anyhows best of luck lets see how we get on.

Hi there,

We are applying for a 189 state sponsored visa, passed my IELTS test last month (listening 8, speaking 9, written 7 and reading 7.5) took me three attempts to get the scores I needed. I have my plumbing Vetassess test this weekend and bricking it. Once and if I get a positive result we can start getting the ball rolling with the visa.

Must say my wife and I have our days were we have cold feet as I work for a grate company that looks after me and my OH is able to stay at home to look after our two boys (3 and 2 year old). We are not well off have to watch our money and its the unknown and starting again.

Oh well keep in tuch to see how things pan out.

Hi GMAC

Yeh it looks like a long and fun process eh!!

I was once told by a wise old boy (ex POW from a Japan camp) that you should always dream and never give up on your goals. He was a lovely old soldier in his final years and you could see the pain sometimes in his eyes. We have it easy compared to them the worst that can happen is that we can return back to UK??

Hi all,

This is my 1st post.

Hi and welcome to PP