Shipping Caravan from UK to Perth

Clifflee

• 1 month later...
Guest Poppy60

Hi Clifflee,

I helped my Grandma, when she was shipping her caravan.

We made a couple of enquiries, but managed to get a good quote from a website called ShipFromUK.com

They were really helpful at explaining all the documentation we had to complete to get it shipped successfully.

The main reason my Grandma chose to ship her caravan was because of the cost. After the cost of re-locating she didn’t really have a lot of money left to spend.

We worked out that it would be cheaper for her to ship her caravan, than buy a new one when she was in Australia.

All in all, I think the saving we worked out was around £10,000. Definitely a PRO if you ask me.

Anyway, hope this helps...

Poppy :)

Guest Poppy60
Can I ask who your clearing agent was in Perth. Our van is due to arrive first week of Jan and having trouble finding a clearing agent in Perth. :-)

Hi Clifflee,

My Grandma used ShipFromUK.com to handle the whole process.

I’m pretty sure they can help you with clearing the process, as well.

Their email address is: info@shipfromuk.com

Just send them an email, explaining your situation...

Hope you get everything sorted.

Poppy :)

• 2 months later...

Hi

Who did you use to send your caravan to Perth. Just had a quote for 7,000 from Pickfords. Was not excepting that much love my caravan but that's a lot of money.

Deb

Can I ask who your clearing agent was in Perth. Our van is due to arrive first week of Jan and having trouble finding a clearing agent in Perth. :-)

We have just found out we can not take our caravan with us as the door is on the right and not the left so does not meet with Australia regulations. I feel like I am leaving a big part of my self behind. We will not be able to afford a caravan in Australia.

Deb

and I'm led to believe air conditioning is obligatory in caravans in aus? sounds quite costly, I love mine but it has to go :-(

We have just found out we can not take our caravan with us as the door is on the right and not the left so does not meet with Australia regulations. I feel like I am leaving a big part of my self behind. We will not be able to afford a caravan in Australia.

Deb

i didn't know that part! can you not use the money from the sale to buy one over there? the cost of the shipping is being saved too? good luck, I love mine too xx