best time for validation visit?

beandownunder

I know we don't yet have our visa but were thinking of validating next Easter. just been pricing up flights and how crazy is the variation in prices throughout the year?!

so the question is when would you suggest is the best time of year to validate ?? the variables being the price, the weather, the availability of schools for visiting and agencies in order to scout out work? am I right in thinking lots of places close up around Christmas time? what about Easter and when are half terms??

hope someone can help,

J x

Can i ask a really stupid question.......

Why do people do validation visit's ???? (apart from i know you have a certain amount of time to validate your visa)

And here's where i may be very nieve....

If you are like us and a family of 5 with one way flights costing approx £3500..... why would you want to pay that just to go back home to then return later at another £3500...

I don't mean to hijack the thread, lol, but i am, lol....i just don't understand the whole validation thingy....

We are arriving at the end of October and thats us...we have no family, have never been etc and are just saying hell yeah lets do it and give it a go.... Our process started in Feb this year and will end when we arrive on 31st October....

There's maybe other people who are asking the same thing (then again maybe it's just stupid scotsman me)

Hi,

we thought exactly the same; we received our permanent residency grant in May and thought when we went we would 'just go!'.

However, selling our house is taking a little bit longer than anticipated. We also have to validate before 14th January, so as flights skyrocket in December we have decided to go over the last week in November.

At the moment this is to validate, however, if our house sells between now and then it will turn in to being the BIG MOVE!

Time will tell!

Why do people do validation visit's ???? (apart from i know you have a certain amount of time to validate your visa)

If you are like us and a family of 5 with one way flights costing approx £3500..... why would you want to pay that just to go back home to then return later at another £3500...

I don't mean to hijack the thread, lol, but i am, lol....i just don't understand the whole validation thingy....

We are arriving at the end of October and thats us...we have no family, have never been etc and are just saying hell yeah lets do it and give it a go.... Our process started in Feb this year and will end when we arrive on 31st October....

There's maybe other people who are asking the same thing (then again maybe it's just stupid scotsman me)

for us it's mainly because a) we have never been to Australia so need to know its definitely where we want to be before we move halfway across the world and b) because my darling (sensible) hubby will definitely never move without some sort of job offer so we need to see what's out there before he gives up his job and c) I know it will take a while for our house to sell and am certain we will not be ready to move before our validatition date is up therefore we need to get organised. Just a personal preference and I understand what you're sayin but for us there is no discussion we need to validate then decide where we need to be. Tom would never be taken seriously for any job without the visa so there was no point coming out beforehand to see if we liked it - they way we are looking at it is if we don't get the visa we would never know if it's a possibility but if we get the visa and it still doesn't work out at least we have tried. (at least thats what he thinks, I on the other hand know that once we have been there will be no stopping our emigration lol!)

J x

Just to add to my earlier comment:

Our plan is:

Visit the area we want to move to-have arranged to visit the schools in the area

Take the kids to the judo club they will be joining - again have pre-arranged this

Donna is also doing a St. Johns Ambulance first aid course (1 days training) to bolster her cv

Will also be meeting with recruiters - again pre-arranged after building up a network over the past couple of years

Zoo, Art Gallery, Museum etc.

Did I mention we are only going for a week!

If the recruitment discussions go well, we also have a plan for me to stay and for Donna and the kids to return whilst the house is sold. So the kids and Donna are packing light and I will be taking more stuff just in case.

All in the detail!

hi :-)

we are not planning a validation visit, but if we havnt saved enough money by the time we need to go, then scott will be going on his own, we havnt been to Australia either, just gonna bite the bullet and go !!

EXCITED !!!!

Hi Jo and Scott

Just checking you realise you will both/ all need to validate or enter the country within 12 months of your PCC check or meds, whichever was done first?

Lou x

Hi Jo and Scott

Just checking you realise you will both/ all need to validate or enter the country within 12 months of your PCC check or meds, whichever was done first?

Lou x

bugger !!

I didn't know that, I best get saving :-/

we are not rushing the visa through at the moment, as we need to save lots of money, don't want to get over there and then not have enough.

jo. x

Some activities such as Adventure world, dolphin tours etc., close for a few months during winter so attractions may be limited during winter months and also (obviously) the weather is colder (particularly at night) and chance of more rain.

Some companies take an enforced 2 week break over xmas, and of course for schools Dec - Feb is the main summer holiday. If you want to view schools - you need to come when they're open.

Edited by ali
typo

Just one thing, it's best to shop around when it comes to flights!

I thought I would work backwards and looked at airlines which land at Perth and look at their prices; loads of asian airlines which dont fly out of the UK. Was quite surprised at the Air Mauritius flights though..........

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: underline2, colspan: 5]total for all travellers [/TD]

[TD=class: underline2] [/TD]

[TD=class: underline2]1,235,204.00 MUR [/TD]

[TD=class: underline2][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

This equates to £25,373.12

:chatterbox: I want to fly on a winged horse for that amount of money!!!!!!

So we are flying with Cathay Pacific via Hong Kong for $3600 (4 adults 1 child)

Definitely worth shopping around and thinking what time of year you want (can afford) to go!

Just one thing, it's best to shop around when it comes to flights!

I thought I would work backwards and looked at airlines which land at Perth and look at their prices; loads of asian airlines which dont fly out of the UK. Was quite surprised at the Air Mauritius flights though..........

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: underline2, colspan: 5]total for all travellers[/TD]

[TD=class: underline2]1,235,204.00 MUR[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

This equates to £25,373.12

:chatterbox: I want to fly on a winged horse for that amount of money!!!!!!

So we are flying with Cathay Pacific via Hong Kong for $3600 (4 adults 1 child)

Definitely worth shopping around and thinking what time of year you want (can afford) to go!

£25.500!!!! flamin heck! thanks for the tip - have just been looking at sky scanner so far,

J x

We're validating for several reasons:

1. We are in the process of selling our house and don't want to rush to sell; validating gives us lots more time.

2. We want to be sure. £3k to validate is a lot cheaper than making he big move and allows us to weigh up the risks.

3. We have a wedding to go to!

Obviously everyone has their own reasons for validating and returning to blighty or just going for it but its a personal choice and we're all different. It would be boring if we were all the same :wink:

Lou x