How do I know if a CO is assigned and when will my visa be granted?

Dinz

Hi all,

Been reading a few posts here and loads of you seem to have a similar issue to mine. Hope your'l can help and offer some advice.

My partner and I hv applied for 189 visa. Application filled, fee paid and submitted via skills select 26-Aug 13. All docs incldn medicals and PCC also submitted online (our agent told us to get the medicals also done saying its easier if everything is uploaded together). Document status changed to 'Received' on 23-Sep 13. Its been 7 weeks since we initially applied but we have not received any communication from anyone stating that a CO was assigned or asking for information. And the link to check the visa with the TRN no always says 'service temporarily unavailable'!!!

We dont know what to do or how to find out what is happening with our application. We've been pestering our agent and she also has not received any communication but says that a CO 'should' be assigned! How can we find out what is happening with our visa and track its progress???? We're both getting impatient now and not having any information at all is not helping!:mad: Is there any other way to track the visa online or any other way to find out more info???

Plssss help!!! Thank You!!!

I eventually rang DIAC for them to tell me I had a CO for the previous 2 weeks, first I heard from them was to ask us to fill in Form 80 (a pain in the butt) filled it in and uploaded it. Didn't here anything again until we got our grant email. That was this morning!!!

Patience is the key

Guest guest10912

Seven weeks for heavens sake get a grip. Do you think you should get a visa straight away or something, in the past it was perfectly normal to wait a year for a visa, some people have been waiting for several years. And the answer is there is no way of knowing when you have a CO. Unless you want to waste your time and money ringing Australia every day. COs do not contact to introduce themselves, they make contact if they need something. So stop worrying about something you cannot change.

• 3 months later...
Thanks guys. I actually called DIAC and they said that it has been allocated to Team 33 but no CO yet...

Can you provide number where you called to DIAC to get details on CO allocation ?

Actually I have applied for 190 and its been 6 Weeks but no CO allocated yet, thus would like to check as what is going on with my case.

Thanks

Nitesh

Hi Nitesh,

I am in the same position. I have applied for 190 and still waiting for CO. I read somewhere in this great place that they have about 9 weeks to contact you. As it was mentioned , not to introduce themself, but if they need some more information.

That is why, I upload all the documents except one. Just to be sure that this so long waitied CO will be in contact with me.

Since my applicaion was submitted on 31.12.2013 - 9 weeks should be over at the end of Fubruary. Let us see what will happen in the last two weeks. I will let you know.

Regards,

Jorje

Hullo,

Well like every one says you wont know until they ask for something or you get a grant, So, just take a chill pill for now (I don't mean literally use drugs just relax best you can).

However there is a way,

You will need a witch doctor they aren’t cheap, he will probably ask for a goat and believe me goats aren’t cheap either.

Seriously you wont know, I stressed about it for weeks, gave myself high blood pressure for no reason and stressed my wife out, this then impacted on my medical which got referred because of my blood pressure being way to high.

I’m still trying to get my blood pressure down 6 weeks later and we haven’t even moved yet!!

There will be 101 other things to stress about when you get the grant notice or other correspondence to just forget about it for now until your agent provides you with info

Easier said than done I know.

p.s.

a 6 week wait is nothing it was 9 weeks before i had an e-mail from the case offices asking for mor info then 3 months before we got the grant, and many people wait much longer!

Edited by JMG79
General muppetry replied to wrong post,

Hi Nitesh,

How many days have you been waiting for your CO? I am asking just to see the number of the days.

I have just received an email from CO. It took exactly 50 ( fifty) days.

Regards,

Jorje

I have applied on 4th Jan 2014, thus waiting for 44 days as of today. Today within eVisa found a new link asking to complete Form 80, not sure if this is positive sign or not, anyways have started to fill Form 80 and submit it by weekend.

In mean time if you can provide me DIAC contact number that you used to call, it would be a big help.

Thanks

Nitesh R Dedhia

Hi Nitesh,

I was requested also to provide Form 80 and some other documents. So obviously you have already a CO - which is great. In some cases the CO just need some other docs and then - voila - you have a visa granted :-)

If still you want to call them - please, but I do not know their number. May be somebody else from the forum can help you with this information.

Good look.

Regards,

Jorje

• 7 months later...

Hi everybody,

I haven't got news from any Co either, but all your posts have provided me enormous peace, thanks. My issue now is as follows:

I'm applying to subclass 189 from overseas, I have uploaded all my documents and did my medical examination through emedical (despite it was submitted to DIBP on 4/10/2014 it still does not appear updated in my immiaccount page). Anyhow, I want to make sure my application is received by immigration because I am about to end the 60 day time limit. My problem here is that I can't find the way to do it!!!

When I click in "submit application" a message says that I have already submitted it...I checked all the page and can´t find the way to change status from "in progress" to "submitted". Please heeeelp!