Should we wait to book medicals?

Mrsr1976

Hi we lodged for our 190 for WA on 8th September and haven't heard anything yet. I've uploaded birth certs , skills ass, IELTS, letter of employment, pasport.

Havent done form 80 as wasn't sure I needed it.

I thought we would be contacted to book medicals. Its been 6 weeks which I was kind of expecting but now I'm worrying that I should have booked medicals :-( any ideas???

It says on the immi website police checks and medicals can be uploaded before case officer allocation for 190 visas (priority group 3) . It is a bit quicker if you do it before as the case officer will just grant the visa if all info is uploaded already. We didn't get asked for form 80 so don't do it unless case officer asks for it. x

You can go ahead and get your medical checks done. And that takes at least one week for medical agency to upload your results. So you can save 10 days. Once the CO is allotted he/she will ask to get your medical check up done, why not do now itself and after some weeks you can keep refreshing your email inbox for the golden mail ;)

It is true that your first entry to Australia will be 1 year from the date of your medicals but as you are nearing case officer allocation the difference is only going to be 2 or 3 weeks. 190 visas are priority group 3. this is from immi website:-

'If your application is in one of the categories listed below, you need to make sure all relevant information and required supporting documentation has been provided to us. This includes undertaking any required health and character clearances before your application is allocated:

• Priority Group 3
  • Priority Group 4 – lodged within one month of the dates listed in the Allocation table above
  • Priority Group 5 – applicants should not proceed with health and character clearances where an '*' is listed in the Allocation tables above
  • Priority Exempt – lodged within three months of the dates listed in the Priority Exempt table above.

Guest guest10912
Hi we lodged for our 190 for WA on 8th September and haven't heard anything yet. I've uploaded birth certs , skills ass, IELTS, letter of employment, pasport.

Havent done form 80 as wasn't sure I needed it.

I thought we would be contacted to book medicals. Its been 6 weeks which I was kind of expecting but now I'm worrying that I should have booked medicals :-( any ideas???

No you shouldn't. I am pretty sure that immigration make that clear.

I am using an agent and my visa was lodged a week ago (190). My agent asked me to complete a healthcare questionnaire for my son and myself, which I did. They then gave us ref for booking our medicals and advised me that I can wait for a case officer to contact me to go for a medical prior. It's up to me. So I am going to book ours sooner ather than later. Need to be in Perth before sept 2014 anyway so it doesn't matter.

Debs

Hi,

I did a bit of research this weekend and I think from what I have found both nikkiwd and Rupert are correct,

there seems to be one page on the immi website telling applicants not to book medicals until they are requested.

However then there is the page nikkiwd posted which states to book medicals, depending on the visa you are appliing for,

so guess its down to personal choice really if you are applying for a PR visa, think im gonna hang on for a bit.

Well I've just received the email from our CO....they need a lot of new info and have told me to arrange medicals.

They want the full versions of 3 out of 4 birth certificates..neither me or my hubby have them.

Form 80.

Notarised evidence of overseas qualifications. ...would that be a transcript of my degree???

Evidence of overseas employment. ..payslips or taxation .... how many payslips I'm not sure I've been in current job for 10 years! ? Im a teacher so only have p60 not sure if that's what I'd need.

Police checks.

Happy I've got the email but a bit overwhelmed by what I need to do next we're leaving on holiday tomorrow too!!

Hi mrs1976,

there is a PDF you can down load on the forms page called 1119.pdf, this tells you all the information you need to upload, it's what I went by. My degree was over 10 years old so could not get a transcript so just for a letter from the uni I went to, if you can't find the PDF on the additional info page on the immi website pm and I can send it to you.

I certified all my docs as that's what it said to do on skill select, and the PDF doc. It cost £2 a document which I was informed was a standard law society fee. I read on other posts that you can upload color scans of originals, and it states this on an immi web page, but I had to get certified copies of some docs so thought I may as well do the whole lot.

Hi yes I read it too about the scanned originals I have scanned everything so far. Im lucky as I'm a teacher I have access to people to certify! But its half term for 2 weeks bad timing! !

I have uploaded 2 payslips as they've requested work experience for the time claimed that's 10 years worth of payslips...I hope not :eek:......

Mrs1976, if you give a few p60's and payslips from random dates from the last 8 years, so they can see you have been employed throughout that time (I assume you are claiming the points for 8 years experience?)

My husband had worked at a few jobs in the last 10 years so we had uploaded around 80 documents onto the visa application, a lot of the payslips etc we didnt have so we had an interesting time getting enough proof from each job, including contacting the Australian Tax office and National Insurance contributions office here! The case officer probably took one look at all the attachments and thought 'bugger this , not reading all of that' and just issued grant!:laugh:

I only up loaded my last Payslip, but after reading your post think im going to dig out, the last 7 years of p60's know I have all of them somwhere with the exception of the last one.

nikkiwd, did you up load the last few payslips or just the p60's?, im asuming you just uploaded the same info as requested for the skills assesment?

Thanks I for the advice, I'll scan a few sporadic ones and look for my p60s.. I've got 2011, 2012..

I tried to book our medicals for next week seeing as it's half term..rather than ask for time off!

Neither clinic nearest me answered the phone so I left a message and no one called back, so frustrating :(

I'm abroad now till friday and I'm not sure what the wait for medicals is...may have try again tomorrow!

On our EOI we were claiming points for employment for '8 out of the last 10 years' so uploaded a couple of payslips from each of the jobs going back that far (my husband had a few jobs in that period). As we took it that you had to prove what you claimed in the EOI, hence giving evidence going back as far as 8 years.