trouble with APHRA and ? new legislation

hinnchcsa

Hello is anyone else having trouble with Aphra? my registration has been passed, ive been into office to prove identity with original documents nearly 2 weeks ago, then I dont hear anything, turns out case officer is on hol until November so when I ask who is dealing with it while away I get told all applications on hold as new legislation has come in?!?!? Does anyone know if this true or am I just been fobbed off until case officer gets back from hol?! So frustrating esp when got chance of a job too!!

how long are people in general waiting to hear from APHRA , ive recieved no communication not even a wee email ! im worried i wont have my registration in time for me getting to oz (5 weeks) . Only sent my applicatiion off on the 8th October , so not long ago - but just wondering about timescales ! thanks

ochilgal.....10 days for it to get there and they will email you when they have received it at there office so don't panic yet as they may not even have it.... it takes about 3-4 weeks to process assuming you have everything correct....my wife needed an extra document but after that it was pretty straight forward...where r u moving from in Scotland...

just found my time line...hope this helps...

27th Feb AHPRA applied for ($380)

15th March – AHPRA Notification documents received and application incomplete

5th April – AHPRA Notification all documents now received

30th April – AHPRA Emailed to say NHS Notification of service complete (£45)

***6th May – AHPRA APPROVED***

Edited by Bobopaulsy

ochilgal.....10 days for it to get there and they will email you when they have received it at there office so don't panic yet as they may not even have it.... it takes about 3-4 weeks to process assuming you have everything correct....my wife needed an extra document but after that it was pretty straight forward...where r u moving from in Scotland

thanks for info - hope it all goes smoothly will await email - no doubt they will need something else form me too ! ;)

just found my time line...hope this helps...

27th Feb AHPRA applied for ($380)

15th March – AHPRA Notification documents received and application incomplete

5th April – AHPRA Notification all documents now received

30th April – AHPRA Emailed to say NHS Notification of service complete (£45)

***6th May – AHPRA APPROVED***

Not sure, we arrive in Perth at the end of November and my assigned officer from APHRA told me that the criminal check takes 1-3 weeks, then it because I've already had my letter of eligibility to register as a nurse, it goes to a manager for finalisation which can take 2-8 weeks. Trouble is without a job you can't secure a long term house rental

ive still heard nothing - they have taken no money - used the e-contact form on website to ask if they had received my application , no word back as yet ;( does anyone have a contact number for Perth office ? Ive tried the number on website few times , keeps telling me there closed and the opening hours are ... (im calling within office hours Aus time ).

• 2 weeks later...

This is what it says on the AHPRA website, so going off that, does seem that things are changing. I'm waiting for my LOE, so hoping this doesn't really delay things. Another thing to worry about :arghh:

The Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA) and AHPRA are reviewing and strengthening the process in place to support the nationally consistent assessment of applications for registration from internationally qualified nurses and midwives (IQNM).

All applications from IQNMs are being assessed consistent with the National Law.

All current IQNM applications will be processed and progressed.

The previously published NMBA Framework for the assessment of internationally qualified nurses and midwives for registration is no longer in use and has been removed from the website.

Hi I sent my registration documents off from the uk in September and my certificate of good standing was received in October. Then my case officer went on holiday also. I am now concerned from what I have read above that my registration may be delayed because of the changes in legislation you mentioned. I'm hoping this is not true as I have a job pending completion of registration and I would hate to loose that opportunity. Apparently they have all my documents and they are complete any news would be helpful.