Looking to meet friends Freo/South Freo area

LindaH

Guest guest11477

Hi

My husband (32) and I (28) have just moved here and are looking to meet new people and make new friends!

Would love to catch up if you are at all interested.

Cassie

Hi Cassie... Sure would love to where about are you living we are both off tomorrow (Sunday) during the day if you fancy meeting up think there is a few things going on in Freo tomorrow too. PM me if you like I am still trying to figure out how to PM on here. You can find me on Facebook too under Linda Hogan.

I know it does feel a bit strange. I looked you up on Facebook but there are quite a few Shelli Morgan not sure if you will find it easier to find me (Linda Hogan). Are you based North of the River suppose we could meet up somewhere in the city. How are you finding it here?

Hi Linda,

I've just sent you a request on Facebook (I hope it was to you!). Things are good (now). We had a really hard first 6 months, and it took me a while to 'get' Perth but I'm really happy now. I miss my friends and family at home but that's life as an expat I guess.

How are you finding things?

Cassie, that is great, how did you find the flight over here with her? We are going to try for a family after the wedding next year, really nervous about having kids with out the support we would have had back at home.

I live NOR but happy to come down to your guys.

I'm busy this weekend, but maybe we could meet for a coffee or something next Saturday morning (9th November)?

It does take a while to settle in glad you are finding your feet now though. It is hard leaving friends and family too I had to leave my parents behind I was the last one to go too and I have joined my other two sisters in Fremantle but loving it here especially now the summer is approaching again. Myself and my husband are also aiming to start our family next year things are starting to come together for us now and can't believe we are here a year already time has flown. I too am busy this weekend celebrating a year in Australia and my sisters birthday but Saturday the 9th sounds great what do you think Cassie? It will be lovely to meet your daughter suppose we could find a nice coffee shop somewhere looking forward to it great to have the big move in common.

Hi Linda,

I've just sent you a request on Facebook (I hope it was to you!). Things are good (now). We had a really hard first 6 months, and it took me a while to 'get' Perth but I'm really happy now. I miss my friends and family at home but that's life as an expat I guess.

How are you finding things?

Cassie, that is great, how did you find the flight over here with her? We are going to try for a family after the wedding next year, really nervous about having kids with out the support we would have had back at home.

I live NOR but happy to come down to your guys.

I'm busy this weekend, but maybe we could meet for a coffee or something next Saturday morning (9th November)?

Guest guest11477

Boo ooh I can't do the 10th!! Maybe the following weekend??

shelli - Lana travelled very well on the big journey over. We had already flown over with her twice before (at 3 months age and a year old) so this time was no big deal really...

my family live here and I was actually here for a number years before, but then I moved to the uk for my husband. However in the 4 years I was there I made such great friends and now being back I am finding it difficult as I am at work full time (that's why it takes me a while to reply sorry - very long work hours followed by baby time). I feel like I have drifted away from my old friends that I had here so it's time to make some new ones!!!

can we definitely not do the 9th?

Something has just come up Sunday 10th would be better will keep you posted if things change.

I can't do Sunday 10th either and the weekend after that is out for me :(

Cassie, I'm still good to do the Saturday, if you are, and hopefully Linda will be able to make it too x

Hi guys,

I am in a similar boat, me (Kirsty 31) and my fiancé (Richard 36) moved here in June and currently live in South Fremantle, which we love! We would really like to meet some more friends, could I join your coffee/wine sessions? :-) feel free to add me on fb Kirsty Ball blonde, laughing profile pic xx

Hope everyone is having a good week, not long til the weekend! Yey!

Kirsty

Hi All,

We're in a similar situation you everyone. We (me - Helen and my fiance - Michael, both 32) moved here about a year ago and while we love Perth we're definitely missing our friends and family back home. Can I join your coffee/wine catch up as well?

Feel free to add me on facebook (Helen Cherry).

Helen

Hi Everyone,

So I'm speaking to a few other people on different threads and am arranging a coffee on Saturday 9th. If anyone would like to come can they send me an email and I'll forward on the details.

shelli.morgan@hotmail.com

Thanks and looking forward to meeting some new people :)

x