If a PR Onshore visa submitted can I be Offshore when visa granted?

Kaiser

My Onshore PR (190) application has been submitted this month. If immi are sticking to timescales this means a Case Officer should be allocated some time in November. My question is, can I be Offshore when the visa is granted and then re-enter as I need to travel out of Oz in December. Thanks.

Guest guest10912

You do not have an "onshore" 190 application, there is no such thing, it is just a 190 application. Unlike say partner visa application which can be deemed onshore or offshore, but the 190 is "neutral". Accordingly, I believe you can be wherever you like when it is granted.

You do not have an "onshore" 190 application, there is no such thing, it is just a 190 application. Unlike say partner visa application which can be deemed onshore or offshore, but the 190 is "neutral". Accordingly, I believe you can be wherever you like when it is granted.

Thanks Rupert. This is all so confusing. I am in Oz on a WHV and had to go home after my EOI was submitted due to a family illness and then was told that after I'd received the ITA that I would have to be back in Oz (onshore) before visa application could be lodged which is what I did. That's why I was thinking I will need to be Onshore for the actual grant. I'm finding this onshore/offshore thing very confusing. :wacko:

Guest guest10912
Thanks Rupert. This is all so confusing. I am in Oz on a WHV and had to go home after my EOI was submitted due to a family illness and then was told that after I'd received the ITA that I would have to be back in Oz (onshore) before visa application could be lodged which is what I did. That's why I was thinking I will need to be Onshore for the actual grant. I'm finding this onshore/offshore thing very confusing. :wacko:

No reason why you would need to be onshore to lodge a 190 visa application, thousands of people lodge this application off shore.

Be aware that you are probably going to need a Bridging Visa B to travel out of Australia. When you made your application they probably granted you a Bridging Visa A. This kind of visa allows you to stay in Australia but it is terminated when you travel overseas. If you hold another valid visa that allows you to return that's fine but you are going to have to apply for a Bridging Visa A as soon as you return.

It is a bit confuse but let's have a look in an example:

Mr. Nice has a 457 Visa. Last month he applied for 190 Visa and have granted a Bridging Visa A. (not in effect given the fact that his substantial visa is still valid).

Mr. Nice wants to visit his parents overseas. His visa allows him to return but when he left Australia he lost his Bridging Visa A.

Mr. Nice return without problem as his 457 visa is still valid. Unfortunately his position became redundant after one week of his return and now he has 3 months to find another job or back to his homeland.

Now Mr. Nice have to apply for another Bridging Visa A in order to keep his rights to live and working in Oz.

Otherwise Mr. Nice could be applied for a Bridging Visa B before leaving Australia and keep his Bridging Visa A when return.

Sorry for my broken English. It is not my first language.