Arriving on November-9th :)

Vijay Kumar P

It's been a tough journey right from the day I planned to apply for Migration process to Australia.

First, initial assessment from the Migration agent. Second - I applied for Skills Assessment (one stage of high tension) and then happy news - assessment successful, I took my IELTS - got the required marks. Next I applied for WA state sponsorship (one more stage of tension and anxiety), got invitation in 4 days.

Finally applied for Visa - biggest tension and pressure was waiting for Visa update for more than 2 months. Had tough times at office and also personally. Most of my friends didn't encourage me for the move, they made fun of it and discouraged that you would have done something here rather than leaving country... blah blah. And at office while I was waiting for the grant - they assigned me to new project which I was totally not interested to take. And that was the toughest part, gradually I moved out of that project.

On August-28th I got all happiness I wanted as I read my Visa grant letter :) Then went to Sri Lanka for a trip to celebrate :D Resigned on Sept-16th. Manager accepted me to be relieved on Oct-30th. So I got some days for arrangements. Spoke to few people in Perth for accommodation. I will confirm with the place of my choice on next week. Should start shopping and packing after 30th Oct.

Exciting and Challenging times ahead. It will be tough here without a job, but I am confident to survive in the new country amidst new people and culture. I am looking forward to it. Always been waiting to travel outside India from 6-8 years, this is my first overseas experience and I will LIVE MY LIFE!

Hope to see you people soon there in Down Under! :cool:

Cheers.

Vijay

Welcome Vijay. We've been here 14 months and are just really settled. Our piece of advice is as often as you can, take a few minutes / hours out to remember whu you came. We head to the beach for a walk, and take in the sun, and it quickly brings a smile to our face, and give us energy to push on.

Best of luck

Nick / Lynn

Welcome Vijay. We've been here 14 months and are just really settled. Our piece of advice is as often as you can, take a few minutes / hours out to remember whu you came. We head to the beach for a walk, and take in the sun, and it quickly brings a smile to our face, and give us energy to push on.

Best of luck

Nick / Lynn

Thanks Nick/Lynn :)

Sure, I will do that. I love beaches and Perth (WA) offers lot of lovely beaches. :)

Yep well done for arranging to come over all by yourself. You sound like a go getting sort of guy so should have no problems succeeding over here with your attitude. What are your work plans and which part of Perth are you heading to Vijay?

Thanks Rob! :)

I am Electronics Engineer with 8 yrs of experience in Product management, Obsolescence Management and Component Engineering. I have some friends in Victoria Park and Canning Vale. I had a word with my friend for an accommodation, should update him by Nov-1st for confirming or will have to look out a place near to CBD of some 15-18 KMs range.

Please suggest for any rentals if you come across. I am looking for $130-150 PW including internet facility!

Thanks

It's been a tough journey right from the day I planned to apply for Migration process to Australia.

First, initial assessment from the Migration agent. Second - I applied for Skills Assessment (one stage of high tension) and then happy news - assessment successful, I took my IELTS - got the required marks. Next I applied for WA state sponsorship (one more stage of tension and anxiety), got invitation in 4 days.

Finally applied for Visa - biggest tension and pressure was waiting for Visa update for more than 2 months. Had tough times at office and also personally. Most of my friends didn't encourage me for the move, they made fun of it and discouraged that you would have done something here rather than leaving country... blah blah. And at office while I was waiting for the grant - they assigned me to new project which I was totally not interested to take. And that was the toughest part, gradually I moved out of that project.

On August-28th I got all happiness I wanted as I read my Visa grant letter :) Then went to Sri Lanka for a trip to celebrate :D Resigned on Sept-16th. Manager accepted me to be relieved on Oct-30th. So I got some days for arrangements. Spoke to few people in Perth for accommodation. I will confirm with the place of my choice on next week. Should start shopping and packing after 30th Oct.

Exciting and Challenging times ahead. It will be tough here without a job, but I am confident to survive in the new country amidst new people and culture. I am looking forward to it. Always been waiting to travel outside India from 6-8 years, this is my first overseas experience and I will LIVE MY LIFE!

Hope to see you people soon there in Down Under! :cool:

Cheers.

Vijay

Best of Luck with the move Vijay. There is a possibility we will also make the move without employment lined up first, so we will be interested in hearing how you fair in that regard once you have landed :-)