Quinns Rocks / Two Rocks schools

rubyron

Hi

I have never posted before but have read this forum for a few years now.

Lived in Heathridge 2007-2009. Before that NZ for 5 years. Moved back to the UK when first child was nearly 1.

Basically since we got back to the UK have been wanting to move back to Perth and it looks like its actually going to happen 2014.

Worried about schools. I have 2 boys - Son no 1 is year 1 here but the youngest in his year so would probably start pre-primary in Perth next year. Son no 2 is nearly 3.

Looking at Two Rocks (yep I know its a long way from the City!) or Quinns Rocks and would really like some info on either areas primary schools. Quinns Beach PS is massive (700+ students) compared to the 160 where my son is now.

I really want to move back but its so hard to tell anything from the schools websites.

Thanks

Welcome to PP.

Sorry, all I know of Two Rocks is that it's a long way out. You already have first hand experience of the area so if it's just a case of finding a school I'd personally want to visit them to get feel before placing my child there. Hopefully someone with children at the local schools will be able to help more than I.

Hiya, my friend has her boys in two rocks primary.

The school itself is a pretty new looking school.

I think she is reasonably happy with the school.

My friend uses the Before and after school club at the school which is good I think.

Could find out more if you need, my daughter used to go to Yanchep. I was really happy with her schooling there if you want anymore info on Yanchep.

Donna x

Hello. Thanks for your replies.

I would really like more info on Yanchep. From what I can gather the primary school is in with the high school or have I got that wrong? Thats whats putting me off if thats correct! The schools just seem massive to the the tiny school we have here (which is underfunded and stretched to the limit in terms of space and facilities!)

Hi Again,

Yanchep District High school runs from Kindy to Year 10.

It has approximately 800 pupils I think, but they are not together during recess and lunch. It doesn't feel a large school, it actually feels small.

Also there is a new school opening in Feb, North Yanchep Beach Primary. This is a brand new primary school, not even finished as yet. Our old house was in the catchment for the new school, but not all areas of Yanchep are, so worth checking if that's the school you'd prefer.

Donna x

Thanks for the info. The new school in Yanchep sounds promising. Its good to know that as areas grow in Australia they have the foresight to build more schools, unlike where I live, where there are some massive developments going on without any new schools/extra school places.