Registering Pets with the Local Council

Candygirl

Don't know what council you're under, but most councils will have a downloadable application/registration form online. Apart from microchip number, if your dog has been sterilised, then you'd need proof of sterilisation (vet's letter etc) as it's normally cheaper to register a dog which has been sterilised.

• 1 month later...

Anyone had any experience of not having a certificate to prove sterilisation? We 'rescued' our cats but they had been done before we took them.

The vets that did the initial kitten vaccs were different to the ones that sterilised them. I had a letter from the previous owner confirming this (and the name of the vet) - but of course I have lost it!

Would confirmation of sterilisation via blood test be sufficient if we got our vet to do it before we left?

We will be living in Ellenbrook initially so I think we'd come under City of Swan.

Anyone had any experience of not having a certificate to prove sterilisation? We 'rescued' our cats but they had been done before we took them.

The vets that did the initial kitten vaccs were different to the ones that sterilised them. I had a letter from the previous owner confirming this (and the name of the vet) - but of course I have lost it!

Would confirmation of sterilisation via blood test be sufficient if we got our vet to do it before we left?

We will be living in Ellenbrook initially so I think we'd come under City of Swan.

you can sign a statutory declaration saying they have been 'done' we did this for our dog, no problems, just ask for the form from the shire/city offices

Candygirl you can download the Dog Registration form from the City of Canning website.... http://www.canning.gov.wa.au.... you will need a certificate from the microchip company and a certificate from the vet that your woofers have been sterilised. Canning do like to see the original docs and usually won't accept certified copies (no idea why when they will accept Stat Decs!!), and as I don't like sending originals through the mail, I ended up paying them a visit.... office is in Cannington just off Albany Highway, corner George St.

Candygirl you can download the Dog Registration form from the City of Canning website.... www.canning.gov.wa.au.... you will need a certificate from the microchip company and a certificate from the vet that your woofers have been sterilised. Canning do like to see the original docs and usually won't accept certified copies (no idea why when they will accept Stat Decs!!), and as I am anal about not sending originals through the mail, I ended up paying them a visit.... office is in Cannington just off Albany Highway, corner George St.

We went into the council offices. They are very posh aren't they? We took all our docs with us and even though we had the piece of paper confirming that the girls had been sterilised from our vet in Spain, they still requested us to complete stat decs, but no problem, we did it there and then and the helpful lady took copies of our docs. The hardest bit was the payment. We were expecting to pay $18 each, but it had gone up since the forms were printed to $42.50 each.

We went into the council offices. They are very posh aren't they? We took all our docs with us and even though we had the piece of paper confirming that the girls had been sterilised from our vet in Spain, they still requested us to complete stat decs, but no problem, we did it there and then and the helpful lady took copies of our docs. The hardest bit was the payment. We were expecting to pay $18 each, but it had gone up since the forms were printed to $42.50 each.

Glad you managed to get the registration done easily..... huge rise in the fee though!!! Glad I did mine in October!

• 2 weeks later...
Does your dog gave to be steralised?

No, but it will cost you more to register them.

BTW and I'm not sure all City Councils do this but our one Melville recently brought in a new price band.

Its a lifetime registration the cost for our dogs were $100 each. So this option does work out cheaper in the long run.

Im not sure if your expected to re-register if you move to another area though.....I certainly won't be :nah: