your own adventure !!

jo and scott

Guest guest9824
hi,

I was just wondering if anyone's family has said that they are going to come with you when you emigrate ??

my mother in law dropped it into conversation the other day, she said she's going to help us settle in :-/

...Blimey joandscott, that's a big ask....! Do you have a good relationship? If so, do you want to risk spoiling it?:wink:....only joking, but it's a biggie! Speaking from experience, even if you have a great relationship with in laws, even your own family, it's hard when you all live together, even for a short time, ie, when they come to visit, even the strongest relationships can be tested to the limit living under one roof! But don't let my experience put you off....just be aware of the pressures. I guess two women in a kitchen rarely works! That's my own experience! :biggrin:

thanks peanuts

we have lived here for about 3 months with MIL, I have always got on well with her, but we actually get on really well, we have joined a gym together and she gets involved with my girls, its been a lot easier than I thought it was going to be. I fully understand that its her house, and I do my best to keep all of our stuff out of the way, (hard with 2 girls 7 and 9)

i have told scott that shes not coming, this is our adventure and she is welcome to come and stay once we are settled in. hes fine with that, he feels the same too :-))

she does like to take over a bit, she likes things done her way, having her watch over me whilst i unpack my shopping is not easy, but im looking at the bigger picture, we couldn't do oz without her letting us stay with her, shes doing us a massive favour ! which we are very grateful for. i do quite like living here :-)) scotts not so keen :-/

its still a long way off yet....

Guest guest9824
thanks peanuts

we have lived here for about 3 months with MIL, I have always got on well with her, but we actually get on really well, we have joined a gym together and she gets involved with my girls, its been a lot easier than I thought it was going to be. I fully understand that its her house, and I do my best to keep all of our stuff out of the way, (hard with 2 girls 7 and 9)

i have told scott that shes not coming, this is our adventure and she is welcome to come and stay once we are settled in. hes fine with that, he feels the same too :-))

she does like to take over a bit, she likes things done her way, having her watch over me whilst i unpack my shopping is not easy, but im looking at the bigger picture, we couldn't do oz without her letting us stay with her, shes doing us a massive favour ! which we are very grateful for. i do quite like living here :-)) scotts not so keen :-/

its still a long way off yet....

She will no doubt miss you heaps when you go, maybe it's her way of coping, saying she is coming to help you settle, :cute:. I know exactly how you feel, and this IS your adventure, and once you are settled into your adventure, then it will be great to share the adventure with loved ones....good luck!

Pea:cute:

She will no doubt miss you heaps when you go, maybe it's her way of coping, saying she is coming to help you settle, :cute:. I know exactly how you feel, and this IS your adventure, and once you are settled into your adventure, then it will be great to share the adventure with loved ones....good luck!

Pea:cute:

thanks pea,

i think she will really miss us, if all goes to plan, we will be here quite a while, i saw scotts sister last week, she said MIL is loving having us all there, its a nice busy home. i didn't know how MIL felt as she doesn't open up about anything, we talk about gym / gardening / decorating, - ive never seen so many diy programs !! but would never have a conversation about how she feels.

dinner times are okay - i get home from school at 4, so i start dinner then, we are done and finished by the time she wants her dinner at 6/7. id like us all to eat together but she eats quite late, my girls couldn't eat that late.

jo