Perth,", Plumbers

Jason

Hi I hold a permanent resident visa and moved to Perth in December, I held a full WA plumbers licence white etc, and every job I went for got told I need a minimum of 5 years WA experience" joke, I have now come back to the UK and feel very ripped off with the whole thing, had to rebuild my life back here in the UK , just a warning to others. Jason

I find that really shocking & hard to believe. My partner is a plumber & whilst he is working as a Roof Plumber here between his friends & football team there's around 5/6 of them working as plumbers in WA... Some have been granted 457s in the past 6 months & 2 of are actually on working holiday visas working as plumbers so one would imagine a working holiday visa would find it near impossible to work if your statement is anything to go by... It comes down to luck, character, skills & determination. Seems you've had a particularly bad experience but I certainly wouldn't blanket that negativity to the entire industry.. It's just not true :)

I find that really shocking & hard to believe. My partner is a plumber & whilst he is working as a Roof Plumber here between his friends & football team there's around 5/6 of them working as plumbers in WA... Some have been granted 457s in the past 6 months & 2 of are actually on working holiday visas working as plumbers so one would imagine a working holiday visa would find it near impossible to work if your statement is anything to go by... It comes down to luck, character, skills & determination. Seems you've had a particularly bad experience but I certainly wouldn't blanket that negativity to the entire industry.. It's just not true :)

I maybe very unlucky then getting a WA plumbers licence and being in the trade 4 23 years! Lol

Would seem so... None of these boys are over 25 either so they don't have anywhere near your experience. Perhaps your age played against you? My partner actually doesn't even have a licence yet... He's been working here for 2 years. His boss is desperate for staff!! Keeps hiring ozzies that disappear & don't want to work!! Tut tut!

• 4 weeks later...

I recruit for plumbers in perth. Plumbing subbies are reluctant to take on uk plumbers due to lack of wa experience. They will take people on as TA's until they are up to speed. The next 3/4 years in perth will be crazy in the construction industry so will lots of jobs for plumbers. The last year has been very slow for construction in perth. If you need any help please message me

I recruit for plumbers in perth. Plumbing subbies are reluctant to take on uk plumbers due to lack of wa experience. They will take people on as TA's until they are up to speed. The next 3/4 years in perth will be crazy in the construction industry so will lots of jobs for plumbers. The last year has been very slow for construction in perth. If you need any help please message me

Hello livewire 11

i have tried to PM you today could you send me a PM please so I can reply.... I have a few questions for you....

thanks

dave

Hi thanks for your reply TA,s ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi live wire

Myself, partner and 3 children have just been on holiday to Perth to see if it is a future home for us. Totally loved the place and it's now time to get the ball rolling. I have a possible job lined up for when I qualify as a nurse aug 2014. My partner has just qualified as a plumber July this year to level 3 and has been working with my dad since 2009 plumbing, gas fitting and repairing boilers. Working on caravan sites. renovating houses, fitting bathrooms and lots more. When looking at WA plumbing we are unsure how he would get work due to licenses etc. He is prepared to work as a TA to get the australian experience etc. Please could you reply if you feel there is opportunity for him. He is 42 by the way and very hard working and reliable.

Thank you

Charlene

• 2 months later...
Guest lflanny

Hi Roxy, which plumbing company is it your partner is with? My partner is has provisional licence with 6 months oz plumbing experience, but looking for a company to sponsor him. If you happen to know you if thers anything go, it would be really appreciated to put us in contact :)!