Project administrator has come off the WA list!!

Kezzles

Sorry to hear that, the occupation my friend wanted to go on, hospitality manager has also been removed and is not on any other states list either!

We just got our visa through 2 weeks ago and my husbands occupation, cook (well the one he got the visa for, he is actually a chef but his quali's were not considered comparable to apply for chef!) was removed altogether as well so we got in there just in time.

There have been a lot of changes on the list, a lot of trades are now on schedule 2 which will be a blow for some.

Do you know if any other states are changing their lists this year? There could be the slightest chance that it could go on somewhere else surely? Otherwise the only option is to see if it gets on any state lists in July next year (long wait for something that might not happen!). Alternatively try to get your skill assessed as something else. Really sucks!

Yep not fair! This was my second occupation! I tried under hr but my post grad they decided was not equivalent to a bachelors so failed me! I have 10 years experience but without a traditional degree and it could be in cookery for all they care I have no chance. I'm too old in terms of doing another degree cos I'll lose points and won't meet 60 needed. Aghhhh... Really know what your feeling. All we can do is hope either some rules change or PA pops up again.

All we can do is hope either some rules change or PA pops up again.

I don't wanna be the grinch, but to me the trends clearly is going downwards: First SA, then the ACT, then WA all eliminating 511112 from their Skills List. So maybe it will come back in late 2014, but maybe not. So it would be wise to either have a backup plan or to manage your expaectations accordingly.

I don't wanna be the grinch, but to me the trends clearly is going downwards: First SA, then the ACT, then WA all eliminating 511112 from their Skills List. So maybe it will come back in late 2014, but maybe not. So it would be wise to either have a backup plan or to manage your expaectations accordingly.

Think you're right! Plan C it is!

Okay maybe I am being overly hopeful but if you look at the list http://www.migration.wa.gov.au/skilledmigration/Pages/Occupationsindemand.aspx it just stops at 4, Project administrator is 511112 . Do you think they have made a mistake and some of the list is missing??? Yes crazy I know but it is a bit weird that there are no numbers after 4?

according to the saying 'Any port in a storm'

I thought the same, but as I said before, cancelling would make perfect sense. There might be a 0,01% chance that it is a mistake, but honestly how can you be so cruel. That is just like having pocket Aces and loosing against Ace Five (which actually happened to me last week)

Hi Gurs,

We too are gutted that hubbys job has not come back on as WA was our first choice, but luckily our Agent had also lodged an EOI for South Australia and at that time the occupation was High availability and is now medium availability on SA Skills List, luckily we got out Invitation to Apply on Friday 18th October, where just abnout to lodge our Visa Application when it announced new list was coming out last Tueday thought we would hold on a few days for WA but not on today, so now we are just pushing our application to get ourselves out to Oz anywhere and after 2 years we can become permanent and move to WA if we want to. But I do feel for all you guys especially cjenky and really do hope you find a way to Oz soon.

What is going on, do we need to be worried that there is not as much work out there as we first thought???

I have also got a friend struggling to get a rental in Mandurah they have also met a guy who has been there 4 weeks applied for 18 houses with no luck and has booked a flight back home!!! Worried.com

Coco things in Australia are definitely slowing down and no there is not as much work as there used to be. There are probably more jobs around than in the UK but things are definitely not what they used to be. The whole economy has slowed down. I don't understand about the rental in Mandurah problem - there seems to be loads around. I know one member has been trying but due to not being in employment he is not finding it as easy. As the economy slows down so does people looking for rentals. A few months ago you virtually had to fight to get into a home open to view a rental not anymore. Thank goodness - things were a bit mad when it was boom town.

Hi dxboz,

I thought that was the case we are now heading for Adelaide and will give it our best shot if things dont work out we can always come back to UK, dust ourselves off and start again!!! Not going now is not an option, we need to do this and give it our best shot, who knows it could be the best move we ever made!!.

Thanks for your advice.

Am absolutely gutted!!!!!! This means we have to to student visa, sell the house to pay for the student fees, so go into rented before we even get there, spend all our equity on student fees, with my husband unable to work full time. With all the equity gone we will probably never get on the property ladder again. So depressed.

Am absolutely gutted!!!!!! This means we have to to student visa, sell the house to pay for the student fees, so go into rented before we even get there, spend all our equity on student fees, with my husband unable to work full time. With all the equity gone we will probably never get on the property ladder again. So depressed.

Hey lisa, what do you mean student visa? It's all such a nightmare!

Hi Kezzles,

Plan A was PA when dh got his diploma. I am currently a year through a degree with the OU so plan B would be go on a student visa to finish. The problem is, as well as international student fees, school fees and my dh only able to work 20 hours a fortnight.

Can I ask you about your HR Advisor negative result, are you fully CIPD qualified? Do they not acknowledge the CIPD at all?

Thanks

I have CIPD level 7 which is highest quAlification you can do with them. It was a 3 year course. They recognised it but said it wasn't same level as a bachelors (it's actually higher) they said it was only same as AQF diploma but I know it's not which is why I was so mad! I called AQF and they said its topic of discussion but as of yet it's still to be regarded as same level. Vetasses also told me even if I had a masters I still need a first degree even if it was in cookery it would count as I have extensive experience. It's very unfair as I have 10 years at HR management level a highly regarded HR qualification yet it doesn't count for migration purposes.

Will you still go now as your hubby won't be able to get work? I'm half upset half mad!

This is the problem, the instructions are not clear. HR Advisor description states 'This occupation has a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification.' So why is it saying that then not accepting your higher qualification?!

Don't know what to do, too upset. Will take a couple of days to rethink. The problem is that my dh only has 18 months then he loses too many points. He can't get a degree in that time, surely.

Take care.

This is the problem, the instructions are not clear. HR Advisor description states 'This occupation has a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification.' So why is it saying that then not accepting your higher qualification?!

Don't know what to do, too upset. Will take a couple of days to rethink. The problem is that my dh only has 18 months then he loses too many points. He can't get a degree in that time, surely.

Take care.

Good advice chill for a few days otherwise you'll get too stressed. Even if he did get a degree you still need at least 12 months post qual experience plus you would lose points for experience as diac only accept post for HR advisor. I'd like to fight their decision but think its a losing battle!

Can you finish your degree and reapply in a few years? That's our only option now. Take care I know how you feel it's like world crashing down ESP when this is only thing occupying your mind!! I'm sorry for us :-(