Carpentry Work??

The Jamesy's

Good morning everyone-or evening depending on where you are!!

We are coming back to Perth between Christmas and the New Year and wondered if there was much work in the way of fixing carpentry. We have lived in Perth before and I did home renovations-demolition, skirtings, door hanging, cedar linings, decking and general carpentry/building. We are a bit worried as everything seems to be slow at the moment. Have got 4 children, so this is a huge move for us and we don't want to get it wrong or come over if there is no work. We are desperate to come back and make it work, we don't mind north or south of the river-willing to start anywhere until things pick up a bit. Will have all my own tools, van and white card. And also have 3 years WA experience.

Would love to hear from anyone in this line of business to hear how things are, any contacts for when we get there would be brilliant.

Thanks from The Jamesy's xxxxxx :skeptical:

I'm not in the business but a friend of mine is and he does house reno's. He's been swamped for a while, turning down work because he can't find any good people to share the load. He is very established with 15+ years here and prefers reno's to site work.

Someone on here was saying how hard it was for them to find something but I suspect it had to do with attitude rather than lack of available work.

I'm not in the business but a friend of mine is and he does house reno's. He's been swamped for a while, turning down work because he can't find any good people to share the load. He is very established with 15+ years here and prefers reno's to site work.

Someone on here was saying how hard it was for them to find something but I suspect it had to do with attitude rather than lack of available work.

Hi Portlaunay,

Thanks for the reply, :wink:it is so good to hear some positives re: work front as there seems to be lots of negatives, hence why I posted in the first place! Can I just ask if your friend is also SOR and does he work on his own or does he have a gang?

Thanks again

Steve

Hi Portlaunay' date='

Thanks for the reply, :wink:it is so good to hear some positives re: work front as there seems to be lots of negatives, hence why I posted in the first place! Can I just ask if your friend is also SOR and does he work on his own or does he have a gang?

Thanks again

Steve[/quote']

He's here in Freo and works alone, pulling in extra people when he needs them. He doesn't earn a fortune but I think he does okay and has enough work to pick and choose his jobs.

Guest Nickiscott11

Hi, I'm new to Perth and a qualified carpenter looking for work. I'm 25 and have been working for my own business in the UK. Reliable and building up my own tools. Would love to get some experience in the Perth job market if your mate is interested. Based south of Perth and my girlfriend works in Fremantle. Available straight away.

Edited by portlaunay
Phone number removed

Guest Nickiscott11
Hi, I'm new to Perth and a qualified carpenter looking for work. I'm 25 and have been working for my own business in the UK. Reliable and building up my own tools. Would love to get some experience in the Perth job market if your mate is interested. Based south of Perth and my girlfriend works in Fremantle. Available straight away.

Sorry the name is Scott :)

Edited by portlaunay

Hi Scott and welcome to PP. I removed your number as it's not a good idea to publish it on an open forum. If people wish to contact you they can do so by PM initially. Cheers.