Life is so very very good in WA

linda@no9

Bless me Perth Pomers for I have sinned. Its been ages since my last post.

Anyway, after quite a wet winter (who cares?) and rolling nicely into spring (yay) last night the family and I took a picnic tea (or dinner is its known here) and sat on the beach. It was the most perfect thing weve done for ages. Kids loved it, hubs and I loved it.

My daughter 17 has her first aussie boyfriend and hes just lovely and she, wearing cap and gown graduates, from high school tonight. My 8 year old has been enrolled in the Australian Choi, my husband, demanding as his job is, is happier than ive seen him in a long time and me? well, my business has taken off with my first Aussie magazine feature happening soon. Go me!

Last nights meal was a reminder of how much we, as a family, love it here. We have made a few friends, but are content with the family as the move has brought us closer. Its been a year since arriving and I constantly pinch myself that we actually have the lifestyle we do.

Anyway, just wanted to say life is good. Its what you make it.

Anyway, after quite a wet winter (who cares?) and rolling nicely into spring (yay) last night the family and I took a picnic tea (or dinner is its known here) and sat on the beach. It was the most perfect thing weve done for ages. Kids loved it, hubs and I loved it.

My daughter 17 has her first aussie boyfriend and hes just lovely and she, wearing cap and gown graduates, from high school tonight. My 8 year old has been enrolled in the Australian Choi, my husband, demanding as his job is, is happier than ive seen him in a long time and me? well, my business has taken off with my first Aussie magazine feature happening soon. Go me!

Last nights meal was a reminder of how much we, as a family, love it here. We have made a few friends, but are content with the family as the move has brought us closer. Its been a year since arriving and I constantly pinch myself that we actually have the lifestyle we do.

Pleased all is going well for you all Linda and that your business is doing well. It is so true that life is what you make it, well it is at least for us anyway.

You shall be forgiven when your post count hits the 500 mark (that's your penance for staying away lol).

So good to hear how much your enjoying it and fab news about the magazine spread. I have to agree about the little things being the things that reinforce the decisions we've made. Happy Aussiversary xx

Really pleased to hear its worked out for you plus great news about the magazine. I remember reading your posts while I was researching before coming over in July last year. We were coming from same part of the UK. So its been nice reading your updates.

like most of us I know you had your ups and downs...doggy problems with quarantine, rental issues, down days etc but its true stick at it and it all falls Into place.

yes spring so far has been a bit of a let down but now its turned its time for us to pinch ourselves and say "we are lucky, we live here".

we did dinner on the beach last night too....to be able to decide at last minute that's what your going to do is great isn't it.

All the best for the future x

happy days!

Excellent post, Linda,

We are very much at the start of our life in Perth, having arrived four weeks ago. Starting a new life is anything but straight forward and we are having some testing times at the moment, but expected that to some extent. It is a challenge to not become consumed with the 'business part' of setting up here in Perth (let alone the cost of everything!), but we are making time for enjoyable family activities when we can as this is why we have come here. We are lucky to already have some good friends over here who have been really kind to us inviting us to BBQs etc and that has certainly helped.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks for your inspiring post. It really re-confirmed to me that all of the hassle and emotional stress is and will be worth it when we are properly settled. As someone once said 'Nobody said that it would be easy'!

Have a great day!

Regards,

S.