Billy Bragg in March 2014

Guest guest9824

Guest guest9824

...Just had an email alert! Might have to purchase some tickets for OHs christmas pressie, he was/is a massive Billy Bragg fan! I do like the fact that we get all these people over here on tour. Anyone else partaking in a bit of Billy????

Guest guest9824

Brilliant song, and video...this could have been written for my ole man!

Billy is looking good. Good to see all the 'characters' in the video too. Thanks Port

...Just had an email alert! Might have to purchase some tickets for OHs christmas pressie, he was/is a massive Billy Bragg fan! I do like the fact that we get all these people over here on tour. Anyone else partaking in a bit of Billy????

A while back I sent you a link to the modern day Billy Bragg, Frank Turner and the Sleeping Souls, and you blew me out saying it was pebble dash!! Well I hope you let your old man hear it because if he is a BB fan then he will like, I am sure, Frankie boy. In fact BB appears on stage with FT dueting during the latters gigs. Always good to move with the times and keeping up Nuts - you know it makes sense - never wear what you wore back then :wink:

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/reviews/frank-turner-and-billy-bragg-the-roundhouse-london-8069248.html

Remember - I won't sit down and I won't shut up........ And most of all I will not grow up.....:wink:

Guest guest9824
A while back I sent you a link to the modern day Billy Bragg, Frank Turner and the Sleeping Souls, and you blew me out saying it was pebble dash!! Well I hope you let your old man hear it because if he is a BB fan then he will like, I am sure, Frankie boy. In fact BB appears on stage with FT dueting during the latters gigs. Always good to move with the times and keeping up Nuts - you know it makes sense - never wear what you wore back then :wink:

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/reviews/frank-turner-and-billy-bragg-the-roundhouse-london-8069248.html

Remember - I won't sit down and I won't shut up........ And most of all I will not grow up.....:wink:

I did say it was my OH that was a BB fan! Wasnt pebble dashing you:wink:, more I was poo pooing it from my perspective, Im more of a R and B fan,I like something you can dance to, and..... I wouldnt fit into anything I wore back then...nor would I want to wear anything I wore back then, looking like a cross between Cindy Lauper meets Freddie Cruger (Pete Burns from Dead or Alive maybe), and that was on a good night! :biggrin: I remember it well though, half a lager costing 50p, it was a cheap night, no money for taxis home, had to walk it, minus the heels! Happy Days. Billy Bragg wrote some awesome songs though, so I might have to go along and keep OH company, I do love live music!

I remember it well though, half a lager costing 50p, it was a cheap night,

We must have been a bit better off than you because we drank, snakebites, half lager / half cider for 75p and that was a cheap night!! I am going back a bit further than you cos you would have had a pay over a quid for that in your day :wink: Rory Gallagher, Deep Purple, Ten Years After, Slade.... Did I just say Slade.... :wink:

Guest guest9824
We must have been a bit better off than you because we drank, snakebites, half lager / half cider for 75p and that was a cheap night!! I am going back a bit further than you cos you would have had a pay over a quid for that in your day :wink: Rory Gallagher, Deep Purple, Ten Years After, Slade.... Did I just say Slade.... :wink:

My drinks were usually free:biggrin:, so it was a very cheap night. As for snakebites, yep been there, done that, cider proves to be my arch enemy still, minus the blackcurrent flavour we used to add to it!

You did mention Slade.....and its nearly christmas too!!!!:ssign19:. I was partial to a bit of Deep Purple, Foreigner, Journey, Led Zeppelin, White Snake (David Coverdale....!!!!) ....still like to wear my patchouli oil when the mood takes me:biggrin:....wind in the right direction and all that...