Just when it started getting easy ...

Candygirl

and we were hit in the back of the hire car today by a young lady who's foot slipped off of the brake. We were not sure what the procedure was and neither did she as she had only been in WA for two months herself. Blind leading the blind. I called the Police and they instructed us what to do and were very helpful once I explained we were new to the country and a bit green.

Cannot believe the amount of blokes that stopped and asked if we were OK and whether we needed any help, real Aussie spirit. You can't beat that.

We have spent most of the day being bumped around by the hire car company, but eventually we have a new car for the rest of the rental so all in all an experience we don't wish to repeat, but another lesson learnt.

Thanks. I felt really awful calling the police wasting their time, but only knew the emergency number, but once I explained the situation, they said I had done the right thing as we were new to the country. We were all fine, just could not believe it. Thank God we had the full cover with the rental company. We have completed their forms and they said they will sort everything out now.