Arriving in January.....Hopefully

Stevie

Hi all, have been using this forum to get a lot of info for our upcoming move so thought I'd join up.

Our 457 apllication has been submitted for 5 weeks now so hoping to hear something soon as we plan to leave Scotland on the 12th January. Other half has a job already at the Hollywood private hospital in Nedlands so looking to rent somewhere nearby for the first 6 months until we buy a place of our own.

I personally can't wait to make the move and get some serious fishing done, the GF is just as keen to move but not for the same reasons ha ha.

How long did you guys have to wait for the 457 to be issued?

Cheers

Steve

Hi Stevie

Just browsing your post and you say your OH has a job lined up at Hollywood clinic. Is she a mental health nurse it's just I'm due to qualify in August 2014 and I have been emailing lots if hospitals to get a grad programme or employment and have planned a family holiday in November ( 4 weeks!!!) to get a feel for perth and hopefully find sponsership. I received an email from Hollywood clinic stating they would discuss this further when I'm over in November :). Fingers crossed Its good news then I can get things rolling. May work with your OH one day. Did your GF ( prefer than OH) get sponsership and did they offer help with visa etc.

Thank you and best of luck with the move

Charlene

Hi Charlene

She is indeed a mental health nurse, they are taking on quite a few new nurses from what I am led to believe as they are building a new ward. My GF applied on the off chance when she saw they were building a new bit and they got straight back to her so hopefully you manage to arrange something for when you qualify.

The hospital have sponsored her and also have their own person who helps you through the application so it has been relatively pain free. We just need to wait for the visa to be issued so we can book flights, short term accom etc.

cheers

steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for replying really helps and I feel a bit more hopeful as they responded to my request quick too within 3 hours. Also it was the clinical nurse manager who replied and asked me to meet up with her, I have to arrange a date for this yet and will keep you infromed of the outcome. I am hoping for sponsership like your GF and I like the sound of someone helping with the application process a real bonus. Also did you have to pay for your visas and how much. I have 3 children travelling with us also so I am expecting mine to be quite a bit. When does your Gf employment start and how long is the contract for. I may be a bit nosy but I need all the information I caan get to make this easier as possible. Does your GF have a account then I could chat to her sometime

Speak soon

Charlene

Think our visa was approx £1200 just for GF and me. Her job starts in march but we want to go in Jan to get settled in and explore before I head back offshore.

Hi Steve,

I emailed the hollywood clinic last night regarding meeting up and I recieved an email this morning to meet up beginning of Dec and an application form for employment. Did your GF fill one of these in. Just i am thinking it is an actual job... excited. Thtats a good price hopefully mine may not be too much more prob another £1000.

thanks charlene

Hi all, have been using this forum to get a lot of info for our upcoming move so thought I'd join up.

Our 457 apllication has been submitted for 5 weeks now so hoping to hear something soon as we plan to leave Scotland on the 12th January. Other half has a job already at the Hollywood private hospital in Nedlands so looking to rent somewhere nearby for the first 6 months until we buy a place of our own.

I personally can't wait to make the move and get some serious fishing done, the GF is just as keen to move but not for the same reasons ha ha.

How long did you guys have to wait for the 457 to be issued?

Cheers

Steve

alrite steve good here your all set for perth . iam also going from glasgow in januray ,cant wait for my visa to be approved so i can get things moving

ive got a job lined up so everything hopefully will fall into place , the GF is also coming with me but she wont arrive till march .

good luck hope it all works out

cheers

stevie