Visas and Licenses

Guest rikki33tmt

Guest rikki33tmt

Hi I'm looking to move to Perth early next year and need some help.

Firstly has anyone here moved on a De Facto Visa or once there 2 year holiday visa has expired then moved to Perth on a De Facto Visa as my partner is from Perth and im wanting to try and go through this.

Secondly has anyone on here converted there UK license to an Oz license and had a Cat D bus license on there. Im wondering if when i convert my license it will change my bus license into a HR or the equivilant when i move. This way i can start looking for jobs.

Thanks any help to do with moving or working holiday visas will be great though.

Hi, welcome to PP.

Firstly the WHV is for a year (not 2), you can extend it by a year if you do the 3 months regional work. If you already meet the requirements for the defacto Visa - it may be worth you going for that from the off http://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sheets/35relationship.htm

Rupert is often helpful on migration questions - it might help if you can tell us how long you and your partner have been together. It's worth remembering that the de-facto is viewed as people living together as a married couple (without the marriage certificate) not boyfriend/girlfriend.

Don't know about your licence but here's the link to the dept of transport and driving a bus http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/licensing/20512.asp