Jobs & planning a trip

SKIPPY59

Hi All

I'm after some advice please. We have been successful in obtaining a 489 regional visa and will be coming out next March to talk to employers and recruitment agents. We are just planning our trip and wondering whether to travel around WA or base ourselves in Perth and travel out to various places, the choices being hiring a motorhome and travelling around or hiring a car and booking hotels etc. The companies I have been in touch with are based in Perth but obviously we have to get jobs in the regional areas - our favs are Mandurah, Rockingham, Fremantle, Bunbury and we are wondering whether it will be best to travel to these areas and sign up with local recruitment agencies.

Any advice/info gratefully received.

Cheers

Skippy59

Hi All

I'm after some advice please. We have been successful in obtaining a 489 regional visa and will be coming out next March to talk to employers and recruitment agents. We are just planning our trip and wondering whether to travel around WA or base ourselves in Perth and travel out to various places, the choices being hiring a motorhome and travelling around or hiring a car and booking hotels etc. The companies I have been in touch with are based in Perth but obviously we have to get jobs in the regional areas - our favs are Mandurah, Rockingham, Fremantle, Bunbury and we are wondering whether it will be best to travel to these areas and sign up with local recruitment agencies. Any advice/info gratefully received. Cheers Skippy59

You can get the local train to Mandurah, Rocky and Fremantle from Perth CBD so perhaps a week in Perth and then, if it was me and I had the wonga, I would be in a motorhome down to Bunbury, Margaret River and the south west and travel around.

You can get the local train to Mandurah, Rocky and Fremantle from Perth CBD so perhaps a week in Perth and then, if it was me and I had the wonga, I would be in a motorhome down to Bunbury, Margaret River and the south west and travel around.

Do you know if these places have local recruitment offices?

Cheers

Do you know if these places have local recruitment offices? Cheers

Read through this thread and you will see list of the recruiters. Sure their sites will each have relevant addresses in them for you. This is a small place in terms of job market activity and as VS says Perth agents tend to deal with things centrally in the main.

Mandurah doesn't. Not sure about Bunbury.

The Perth agents tend tondeal with mandurah. What job will you be looking for?

My hubby will be looking for a Construction Foreman role - he has done this before in Brisbane. I will be looking for a PA/Secretarial position - I worked in a University in Brisbane but have also done a Medical Secretary role here in UK.

Cheers:notworthy:

hi - can you point me in the direction for the list of recruiters please. Many thanks.:biggrin:

OOPs forgot to post the link, here it is. http://www.perthpoms.com/forum/jobs-careers/9019-job-site-thread.html

For almost anything just type in at the Search field, top right of screen, and all the relevant threads come back in a returned list. Saves hunting through every section. Lot's of names in this thread and well done to guys who put that together I reckon.

There are loads of construction / building works going on at the moment. His best bet would simply to visit sites when you are here.

There are not a lot of corporate offices in mandurah. But we do have a big TAFE (sort of cross between a college and a adult education and does some uni level stuff) there are also rumors of mandurah having its own uni.