Shipping questions

Lou8670

Well, that's the packing all done, well advised re keeping the brew flowing, only took 1 1/2 days to put our whole life into 117 boxes. All we have left is 3 suitcases and some hand luggage and as of 9 am tomorrow morning we are officially homeless! Things are all coming together, i think!

Im glad i spent time sorting, at least i know we're not lugging a load of rubbish to the other side of the world! So strange to think next time we see are things they Will be in oz!

Mixed emotions but overall good!

X

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've got the packers in tomorrow and don't feel ready at all. Think it doesn't help that you don't pack yourself as the house still looks odd"normal" but this time.tomorrow May be shrink wrapped! I've heard they're like a bit of a whirlwind and if its not nailed Down it will be packed! Just hope I've managed to set aside all the stuff we don't want packing.

I've spent the past couple of weeks sorting but still scared customs are going to find something I've missed! :o

Did they pack everything or did you have to pack some things yourselves? Our quote was £4.5k and that's for us to pack linen, clothes and books. Most of is stuff is linen, clothes and books (we don't have many ornaments etc) so I really don't see how it can take them 2 days to pack the rest of our stuff.

Lou

We used john mason and they packed everything, even storage boxes they unpacked and packed in their own boxed and then packed the storage box! You'd be surprised how much stuff you actually have, we didn't think we had that much but they have to itemise and wrap everything up. You feel Like a bit of a spare part! X

Yes i think so! That's almost what we did except just wrote NO on a few as had less nos then things to pack. Have you also dedicated an area for them to leave alone which has really important stuff like passports, visas, luggage. We used under the stairs although could barely get to it after the first night coz of all the boxes. Lovely kitchen by the way x

Yes i think so! That's almost what we did except just wrote NO on a few as had less nos then things to pack. Have you also dedicated an area for them to leave alone which has really important stuff like passports, visas, luggage. We used under the stairs although could barely get to it after the first night coz of all the boxes. Lovely kitchen by the way x

We dedicated a bedroom...

py6ere6e.jpg

Trouble is it ended up being more than this and in the chaos some things didn't go into the container...confusion with me and OH and the word "keep" :eek:

hope you've arrived safely Bridges... im listening to the rain whilst typing.... you certainly wont be!! keep us posted on how its all going!

Hi Zebradeb,

We're not actually going until May, the house sold ridiculously fast so we've had to move in with my parents for a little while. We've got the flights booked and are counting down the days but unfortunately I still have to listen to the rain - but not for much longer I hope!!!!

xx

We dedicated a bedroom...

Trouble is it ended up being more than this and in the chaos some things didn't go into the container...confusion with me and OH and the word "keep" :eek:

Oh No!!! Hope it wasn't anything to important that got missed or won't fit in your luggage. I have never had a suitcase full of so much random stuff!! A couple of picture frames (old pics that they're aren't a digital copy of) a dvd of our wedding, just little keep sakes just in case but I'm sure it will all arrange safe and sound

Understandably, they word "Keep" is one of several meanings!!

x

Hi Zebradeb,

We're not actually going until May, the house sold ridiculously fast so we've had to move in with my parents for a little while. We've got the flights booked and are counting down the days but unfortunately I still have to listen to the rain - but not for much longer I hope!!!!

xx

Bridges when do you fly in may? We are looking to flying in may with a stopover in Singapore

Lou

We're flying on the 13th with Singapore out of heathrow. Have opted for no stop over due to additional cost and couldn't find timings that would benefit us and our 2 1/2 yr old (would only have ended up with a tired and grouchy baba and parents in Singapore!) we went for a flight with only a 2hr transfer so we can just get the flights over and done with and begin our new life! X

We're flying on the 13th with Singapore out of heathrow. Have opted for no stop over due to additional cost and couldn't find timings that would benefit us and our 2 1/2 yr old (would only have ended up with a tired and grouchy baba and parents in Singapore!) we went for a flight with only a 2hr transfer so we can just get the flights over and done with and begin our new life! X

That's funny....I was looking at a stopover leaving Singapore 13/14 May! We've still got a lot to plan before we book though and need confirmation of our last working day as we are both on 3 months notice

That's funny....I was looking at a stopover leaving Singapore 13/14 May! We've still got a lot to plan before we book though and need confirmation of our last working day as we are both on 3 months notice

Hi

We are flying out 16th May so looks likes we'll all be arriving around same time. We have two girls aged 5 and 20 months. It can't come quick enough, just want to get out there now! Only 15 weeks to go :)

Lou, we may still be on the same flight - that would be odd!

15 weeks, Is that all, i hadn't totted up the weeks as didn't want ti scare myself!

Keep in touch and we'll try and sort a meet when were there would be nice to be with people at the same stage, can check if we've done everything we should have! I've got a 2 1/2 yr old and one on the way (early days) x

It must be nearly 14 weeks for you, not that I want to scare you! Where are you headed for? We are thinking NOR around Duncraig/Carine, but that may change when we get there. Keep in touch, it would be great to put faces to the names eventually.x

Eek 14 weeks, stop it!!!! Can't come soon enough and yet feels to near! Thinking similar location, have friends around woodvale, ellenbrook, leaderville so will most likely be looking NOR but as you say things can change!

Definitely keep in touch! I loved NOR but we have family in Rockingham so we'll be looking to settle around there unless OH gets a job located north; like you say things change. But it would be good To meet up when we arrive. We have 3 kids; 2 boys 7 and 9 and a girl aged 7. My daughter would probably keep your 2 1/2 year old entertained all day!

We'll be staying with my SIL who also has one on the way :biggrin:

Hi, we are flying out on 11th May via Singapore too. We have two boys 11 & 8. NOR seems to be on the cards but keeping an open mind.

I am going to start a new thread in a minute so all those coming over soon can sign up. I'm getting confused by who's coming over soon and those still planning or already there. Don't forget to sign up!

Definitely keep in touch! I loved NOR but we have family in Rockingham so we'll be looking to settle around there unless OH gets a job located north; like you say things change. But it would be good To meet up when we arrive. We have 3 kids; 2 boys 7 and 9 and a girl aged 7. My daughter would probably keep your 2 1/2 year old entertained all day!

We'll be staying with my SIL who also has one on the way :biggrin:

Will do, we'll find somewhere central if you end up SOR. I hear some of the parks are quite nice and apparently there are a few beaches! Hopefully see u on the other side of the world! :)

X

Hi, we are flying out on 11th May via Singapore too. We have two boys 11 & 8. NOR seems to be on the cards but keeping an open mind.

I am going to start a new thread in a minute so all those coming over soon can sign up. I'm getting confused by who's coming over soon and those still planning or already there. Don't forget to sign up!

Sounds good. It does get hard to keep track of everyone's progress x

• 2 months later...

Our container arrived in Freo 2 weeks ago. We're not in a rush for it, thank goodness, but I was just wondering how long customs clearance takes? There was initially a delay because they were awaiting a clearer copy of the inventory from the UK shippers. They have that now and have said they are awaiting customs clearance. Our container will be going into store until we arrive and have found a place to live so we're not in a rush as the longer it takes to get to store am the cheaper it'll be in storage and insurance costs.