5 weeks in...

ashleymhale

Well its just gone 6am here in Joondalup. I have been up since 5am and I have been for a 3 mile run. I'm just sat by the pool having a cup of coffee whilst the rest of the house sleeps. We have been here 5 weeks now and I thought it was time I gave you an update of whats been going on.

We arrived to rain in late November, but I must say this is the only rain we have seen since then! The weather has been beautiful, temperatures have reached 43 before christmas but they are normally around the 30 mark. I love the warm weather and I am loving it here.

We are staying with friends still as we are waiting for our container to clear in Fremantle. We have been told it should be the next week or so. We have our house ready, which we have had for 3 weeks now! We missed out on the first one as we made the mistake of saying we didn't want it until our container arrived so we stated we wanted this one immediately upon viewing it. We have been paying for somewhere we aren't staying but we have piece of mind that we can move straight in. Our friendly Aussie neighbour is watching it for us in exchange for him using our carport to store his boat whilst we are away. ahhhh the aussie life!

I have started work. I have just completed my probation and they are happy to take me on full time as of the new year. The work is far more relaxed than back home. I was under a lot of pressure in the UK and this has completely changed here... for double the salary may I add! Our little boy is enrolled in Primary School and starts with the new term in february. He is happy with his school after we visited and had a personal tour with the principal. A very friendly bloke.

My other half will start looking for work once we have moved in and our lad has started school. Its all going very well.

So I guess you want to know the pro's and cons....

Pro's.... The weather, the way of life, the beach, body-boarding, swimming, the salary, less pressure.

Con's.... The traffic, the driving style... the "Wait a while culture takes some getting used to but this isnt really a bad thing.

On the whole we are very happy and glad we made the move, we are looking forward to settling in to our new home and really embracing our Aussie lives. Also we cant wait to try out our new massive BBQ!