Changes in AHPRA registration finalisation

shelz

• 1 month later...
Guest jaysoni

hii shelz im in the same situation like u was Ahpra letter saying i have to attend in person i called AHPRA in melbourne they still saying i have to come there in person to finalize registration i just want to request if its possible if send me copy of letter u recieved saying u dont have to fly to get it done atleast i can show them and hope i dont have to fly to australia and save some money

i ll b gr8ful of you thanks anyway

Guest jaysoni
Hi,

I have posted a few times before but though i would update and see if anyone else can shed any light -

I am in the UK and have been offered to finalise my registration my end Feb 14 by attending AHPRA office with ID, I would also complete stat declaration for temporary address (aka holiday accomodation), be travelling on a visitor visa for 1 week then returning to the UK to then complete modified skills assessment then apply for PR visa.

This was the plan until i got an email this morning saying i need to finalise my registartion by end Feb14, but could do this by producing ID documents for international documents then I would NOT need to attend an office in person.

So heres the confusion... Category A - overseas passport AND a valid visa (visitor visa acceptable), Category B international driving licience, Category C bank statement, Category D mortgage statement, utility bill etc

I have already submitted all these ID documents with my initial application so im thinking its the 'valid visa' that I am missing....but why would I have a visa if I dont need to travel to finalise my registration by attending in person??? Can I apply for a visitor visa so im 'on the system and send them a refernce number or s

omething', or does a visitor visa only become valid on entry to Australia hence I would still have to fly out????

Seems pointless to apply for a visa if then its not going to be used, if I dont need to attend the office!

Arrgghh the lack of clarity is shocking and its typical i have got the email on a Friday when i wont get a response until next week probably after i emailed them outlining the above and my confusion!

I am also pleased i havent booked and paid for flights yet if indeed i do not have to present in person- has any one else had a similiar email or can shed any light?????:arghh:

i tried with melbourne office and they just saying no u have to be there in person

Got email from ahpra asking for more info for new criteria. Contacted Nmc and they seem to be more aware of what needed asked me to forward email so they could sort it. I hope this is the case as ahpra is the last piece to moving to australia. Nmc did admit backlog as even though ahpra new criteria only from feb they are implementing it from oct. Positive though as my diploma equal to degree.

AHPRA might want a letter from where you trained too. I've not needed it as of yet, but my registration has been under assessment for 5 -6 weeks. I am very frustrated!

That part covered as far as letter shows. Nearly sick with worry. It's criteria 3 & 8 &6 (totally don't understand 6 as they have my transcript direct from uni via anmac so don't know if it because it not certified! So frustrating isn't it. Good luck with yours.

My email came from nsw rather than perth so ? It on second stage just wish they had asked for info earlier!!

i tried with melbourne office and they just saying no u have to be there in person

Hello,

When did you get your offer of registration for AHPRA and when do you have to present by?

This is what I got 9 months after i was offered to register -

you must provide sufficient evidence of your identity in line with the enclosed Proof of Identity Requirements by XXX.Alternatively, you can refer to the below categories for international documentations:

Category A – You will need a Overseas passport and a valid Australian visa (Visitor visa is usable).

Category B – International driver’s license, firearm/shooter’s license, proof of age card.

Category C – Registration Certificate, Bank Card/ Bank Statement.

Category D – Utility account, Rate notices, Lease or tenancy agreement.

Please note that all documentation must be certified by a Notary public or Justice of the Peace.

Please be advised in accordance with the above, if you can provide documentation from each of the categories above, you will not be required to present yourself in person to an AHPRA office.

So this above is what i got via email - i followed the instructions and got my registration a few months later :-)

Bear in mind that i was waiting 9 months before this came through from thee Perth office - good luck - hope this helps.

• 1 month later...
Guest AHPRAVUK

AHPRAVUK*

Hello everyone I am a representative of the group AHPRAVUK class action. We have been trying to engage*AHPRA*into discussions so that they suspend the application of the new framework on all applications received before 10.2.14 We had hoped for a quick reply from their CEO but nothing has been received as of yet, though there's still 5 days left out of 14 we gave them.*

However we have been in contact with the health minister and some supreme court justices who have looked at our case and predict a 99% win. We want to broker a deal where our members will be assessed under the old system and receive their registration within 14-21days. We need your names so that they can be in our list as we will not offer this deal to non members also*AHPRA*will not want to see a flood gate of claims from all over the world. Your name must be on our list to enable us to represent you; if you're not then even when the agreement is made your name won't be in the document. If you wait for their decision or go at it alone you will lose as your resources will be no match both financially and legally to those at*AHPRA*'s disposal.*

Our Sydney solicitors are a large firm in the CBD with 100s of lawyers and barristers at their disposal.*

There's no need to consider a bridging programme or even going back home as by this time next month you would be registered. We cannot discuss a lot here due to some members actually working or aiding*AHPRA*. Please join us so that we can all reach that dream-