Kids dentists costs

Lou8670

Hi all I know dentistry is not covered on Medicare (same as I'm used to) but are there any government schemes for children? For instance our kids are seen at the local hospital for free until they are twelve. Lou

http://www.dental.wa.gov.au/ All information in here.

Personally we have no private health care cover but the one thing we did take out was private dental cover with HBF as a must. Only $450 per annum for family and as son is still at uni he is covered on it until he is 24. Best thing ever and would not be without it.

I would not rely on school dentists...they are not very good and I think they only get seen once every two yrs. We have essentials saver with HBF for 2 adults and 1 child and pay $38 per month, if I go to the dentist HBF covers 60% of the cost and they cover all of it for my daughter, my latest bill for her was $1400 and they covered the lot!

I would not rely on school dentists...they are not very good and I think they only get seen once every two yrs. We have essentials saver with HBF for 2 adults and 1 child and pay $38 per month, if I go to the dentist HBF covers 60% of the cost and they cover all of it for my daughter, my latest bill for her was $1400 and they covered the lot!

My school dentist is excellent and we get seen every 12 months. It's a bit of a blanket statement to say school dentists aren't very good.