4 yr old (born Oct) arriving march 2014, ikindy? childcare? what's good fremantle

kirstywales

Hi

we are moving out mid march with our daughter who is 4 years old born oct 2009.

so do I need to look for kindy? or childcare? and if childcare when will she be eligible to start kindy?

How do you find a good childcare provider and kindy?

We will initially be staying in fremantle for a month, with a view to exploring more permanent rentals in northern suburbs west

of highway and in south fremantle.

Really want to find good childcare and schooling for our daughter - advise please

Hi

we are moving out mid march with our daughter who is 4 years old born oct 2009.

so do I need to look for kindy? or childcare? and if childcare when will she be eligible to start kindy?

How do you find a good childcare provider and kindy?

We will initially be staying in fremantle for a month, with a view to exploring more permanent rentals in northern suburbs west

of highway and in south fremantle.

Really want to find good childcare and schooling for our daughter - advise please

Hi kirsty

We have a daughter of similar age, she is 5 next month and also another who is 20 months. We are moving over 16th may and also looking to stay NOR, duncraig/carine area. Just thought I'd say hi. Our daughter will be pre primary year so can't help with kindi I'm afraid.

Hi susan

exciting times hey? thanks for the reply. we looked at a few places in duncraig and carine - looked good - how did you choose those areas?

are you securing a place before you move or moving out to find more permanent rental or make purchase?

I booked a short term rental last night in carramar, which is bit further north than where we'd like to live. The areas were recommended to us by my husbands colleagues along with a few others. Also I liked the sound of the schools. We are also looking at hillarys, sorrento and Marmion but my feeling is they will be too expensive, but we'll have a look when we get there. Where are you guys looking at?

Hi Kirsty. Your daughter will be able to commence kindergarten as she is already 4. For a list of these in your area, have a look at http://www.det.wa.edu.au (Discover our website A-Z listing - K - Kindergarten). There are links on this page to both Primary School based and Community based kindergartens. This is the best website for all matters of education and I'm sure you will find everything you need to know here.