what are you doing at this moment

odies

• 3 weeks later...

Just opened a bottle of vino... the first for quite a while so I am really enjoying that first sip or three! I was supposed to be house cleaning today, but came into my study cum craft room early this morning to check my emails and I have stayed here all day sorting through all my craft stuff and completing a scrapbook of recipes for a very special young lady who is getting married in a couple of weeks time.

When we emigrated 26 years ago we moved into a house next to the most amazing Aussie family who have become family to us. Their youngest (who was just 1 year old when we met her) gets married soon and I wanted to give her a wedding present with a difference. So I have been compiling a scrapbook of all our family fave recipes... the dear girl is not that great in the kitchen and has the odd drama or two that involves a lot of bandaids or fire extinguishers. The recipe scrapbook has taken months to put together and today was all the final "primping" and binding. I just hope she likes it and appreciates the thought and work behind it.

OK off for a swim as it is now nearly 40C here and the aircon is beginning to struggle.... woofer has been in the pool all afternoon, so guessing he knew exactly that is was the best place to be today!!

Just opened a bottle of vino... the first for quite a while so I am really enjoying that first sip or three! I was supposed to be house cleaning today, but came into my study cum craft room early this morning to check my emails and I have stayed here all day sorting through all my craft stuff and completing a scrapbook of recipes for a very special young lady who is getting married in a couple of weeks time.

When we emigrated 26 years ago we moved into a house next to the most amazing Aussie family who have become family to us. Their youngest (who was just 1 year old when we met her) gets married soon and I wanted to give her a wedding present with a difference. So I have been compiling a scrapbook of all our family fave recipes... the dear girl is not that great in the kitchen and has the odd drama or two that involves a lot of bandaids or fire extinguishers. The recipe scrapbook has taken months to put together and today was all the final "primping" and binding. I just hope she likes it and appreciates the thought and work behind it.

OK off for a swim as it is now nearly 40C here and the aircon is beginning to struggle.... woofer has been in the pool all afternoon, so guessing he knew exactly that is was the best place to be today!!

Yes both ebbz and I have been in the pool i drip dried under patio with a cold drink. No shower as i fully intend an evening swim then shower the bed. One slerps better lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well Karma certainly is a bitch. Am secretly reveling in the fact the solar installers are going to p the neighbours off. 7.30 am banging clanging battering but mostly the gangsta rap blasting from their boom box. Yes peoples I do believe in Karma. Certainly better than Rocking all over the goddamn world we had the other night Hmmmmmmmmm yes Karma living it I truly am :cute:

• 2 months later...

Dropped the boy off at school for a 6am start (yes it's Sunday), he's off to Shark Bay sailing and camping for a week as part of his outdoor ed. class.  I don't envy him the 10 hour bus ride and the only bit he's not looking forward to it having to keep awake during the night for his 'shift' at boat watch.  I do like the different opportunities that he's had here at school.

First Sunday at home for a while as I have been visiting my son in Queensland for 5 weeks.... daughter in WA and I have had a girlie weekend... lots of chat and looking photos and slothing around the TV with movies..... she has gone home now to her hubbie and I am just sitting at the computer with a glass of vino and catching up on what has been happening on Perth Poms.   I logged in now and again over the past few weeks, but my Tablet isn't as good at my laptop so I got totally frustrated at times!  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 17/07/2017 at 05:49, HarryStyles said:

I have been unpacking clothes for us to wear for the next 2 weeks whilst we wait out my daughters chicken pox should have left the UK yesterday>:(  on the plus side at least is summer here and will mean 2 weeks less of winter when we do finally arrive9_9

Oh my you poor people..... feeling your stress, but it is best for your daughter to be healthy before you make the flight.   Hope your travel insurance came to the party... oh and that daughter gets well quickly.

My son had Chicken Pox in his 20's... had all the vacs available as a youngster... was around everyone who had it when he was little, but never got it.  But boy was he a sick young man when he did get it.... hospitalised for days... home for 3 weeks before he was well enough to go back to work.... Our whole house was a quarantine centre at one point.   We found out afterwards that he got it from a child on a plane when he was flying from Karratha to Perth for Christmas.... child had been diagnosed the day before but parents were desparate to travel so told no-one... Dept of Health involved and 2 other people on that plane were infected.  

Well done for being up front, and whatever it cost you financially, you made the right decision for your daughter and everyone else she would have come in contact with.   And well I can just imagine how awful that flight would have been for you as parents with a sick child.... bad enough to put them through a long haul flight without any illness......     Hope she is OK now.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rossmoyne said:

Oh my you poor people..... feeling your stress, but it is best for your daughter to be healthy before you make the flight.   Hope your travel insurance came to the party... oh and that daughter gets well quickly.

My son had Chicken Pox in his 20's... had all the vacs available as a youngster... was around everyone who had it when he was little, but never got it.  But boy was he a sick young man when he did get it.... hospitalised for days... home for 3 weeks before he was well enough to go back to work.... Our whole house was a quarantine centre at one point.   We found out afterwards that he got it from a child on a plane when he was flying from Karratha to Perth for Christmas.... child had been diagnosed the day before but parents were desparate to travel so told no-one... Dept of Health involved and 2 other people on that plane were infected.  

Well done for being up front, and whatever it cost you financially, you made the right decision for your daughter and everyone else she would have come in contact with.   And well I can just imagine how awful that flight would have been for you as parents with a sick child.... bad enough to put them through a long haul flight without any illness......     Hope she is OK now.

Thank you but no amount of clothes was going to hide that spotty little face lol.  Although I do remember my mum sent my to school in a turtle neck in mid summer covered in spots as it was a trip to the zoo!!!

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, beandownunder said:

Hi All,

Just catching up on PP. Not been here for ages but plans are picking up pace again (eventually !) so I wondered who was still around on here?...Hope you are all well?

Hallo there Bean... nice to see you back.   Are you still in UK or are you back in Perth now after your validation trip?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...