ROB T

Which Cake?

Rob T where does the Dome get their cakes from out of interest? (from a nosy pastry chef):cute:

Mines a carrot cake, coffee and walnut cake or a good old Belgiun Bun by the way.

I have to agree Nikki, can't go wrong with carrot cake or coffee and walnut cake, nom nom nom! Also partial to the odd piece of hedgehog/rocky road/tiffin type slice. Who am I kidding, pretty much any type of cake will not get turned away be me!

Just finished work and read your lists of lovely, scrummy cakes...yum!!! I can't wait until our welcome barbie followed by LOTS OF CAKE! Maybe we should start a variation on the 'Pudding Club' and start our own 'Cake Club' where we all bring a different cake and eat mainly cake!

Mines a chocolate cake, Victoria sponge, brownie or bakewell tart...I do love a good tart :biggrin:

I like that idea Lou! We may all need to make a keep fit group too though:biglaugh:

Here's a little cake I made earlier

300662_10150350398404349_1442760361_n.jpg

I like that idea Lou! We may all need to make a keep fit group too though:biglaugh:

Yep I think we're all going to have to start a fit club after all that cake lol :wubclub:

Haha. , isn't lobby Stew ? Odies.

Ate from near Staffordshire ? I was talking to a friend the day about this exact same phrase , we got started on cobs , buns and rolls :)

yes you are right it is stew but us Stokies call it lobby , it was very nice by the way.

Do not start me on bread ...bread buns are baps...etc

In Lancashire they called them barm cakes. I once ordered a mince pie in a bakery at Christmas and was given a meat pie. Got to love the regional variations!

A PerthPoms cake club sounds like a very good idea. Meeting in the park for a BBQ is so passé but an afternoon at the Heathcote pirate ship, kids running riot while the adults sit above the Swan eating cake sounds like a jolly good idea to me.

Guest guest9824

Wow...thats amazing balls Nikkiwd.....

pea

Guest guest9824
yes you are right it is stew but us Stokies call it lobby , it was very nice by the way.

Loving your Avatar Odies, so lovely.

peax

Just finished work and read your lists of lovely, scrummy cakes...yum!!! I can't wait until our welcome barbie followed by LOTS OF CAKE! Maybe we should start a variation on the 'Pudding Club' and start our own 'Cake Club' where we all bring a different cake and eat mainly cake!

Mines a chocolate cake, Victoria sponge, brownie or bakewell tart...I do love a good tart :biggrin:

Sorry, didn't realise you'd already proposed when I posted.

I'm all for a cake club, sounds awesome.

Guest guest9824
Sorry, didn't realise you'd already proposed when I posted.

I'm all for a cake club, sounds awesome.

So long as you don't put any funny herbs in your cake Mr. P...:err:

Sorry guys - the wedding cake pic was deemed not to be suitable for the site.

Was funny tho don't you think?

Sorry guys - the wedding cake pic was deemed not to be suitable for the site.

Ooops!! I'll try a Fairy cake instead.....Fairy doll dress cake.jpg

Edited by Daveakaginge

Yumm

Hi, I'm sitting in my kitchen as I write this, inhaling the intoxicating smells of an afternoon of baking. On the cooling rack I have a lemon drizzle cake oozing with fresh lemon juice and also a cappacino cake (coffee cake with choc chips and soon to have real choc topping added).

I have just got out of the oven mature cheddar cheese scones with chives from the garden. If I could send you a sniff I would, mmmm! These are to go with the chicken and barley soup I made for dinner tonight.

With Ravenous boys this afternoon and a husband home tonight, I don't think it will last that long!

Inhale..... Arhhhhhhhh!:cute:

Edited by Akasully2
Different expression required

Last pic...the lemon drizzle. I have divided up the cakes and frozen them, at least this way they will last longer!

image.jpg

Edited by Akasully2
Typo

Guest guest9824

This thread is turning into 'Cake Wars'...:biggrin:...so back at ya Aka with cherries on top!:wink:

image.jpg...my heartstopper Bakewell Tart.

image.jpg

Edited by guest9824
..bottom tart is for viewers in Oz!

Guest guest9824
:laugh:

Are you coming along tonight? If you are, bring us a slice :biggrin:

Porty I'm not allowed out unsupervised! ....I have just eaten a slab of tart in your honour, will that do? :biggrin: