Emigrating in April / May 2014

Akasully2

Hi, I thought it would be a good idea to have a sign up list of all those who are coming over to Perth in April or May 2014. I chat to so many great people on here but can't remember who is coming over when.

Those that are following later could start their own list. Handy to help get our heads round the timings.

Here goes....

We fly out on 11th May 2014 via Singapore

Oooohhh, how i remember the excitement of this. Seems like a long time ago now (nearly 6 years). I will keep checking this closer to the dates and see if i am going through Dubai at the same time as any of you - i go through about twice a month and will meet and buy you a beer / wine

I will hold you to this Verystormy, I'm travelling myself with my two wee ones aged 5 and 2 as OH will already be in Perth, so I will definitely be in need of a glass of wine by that point!

Aligard, I see from your profile you have been approved by the WA teaching board. Well done!

how long did it take to process? Did you post the application along with the evidence? I was filling mine in yesterday and I was surprised to read that they won't accept emailed evidence. Seems a very slow process to post it in this day and age. Also, I have to write down my credit card details and post them off and just trust them with it. Don't think a UK cheque would be accepted.

if you know different, please tell!

I did question whether I should delay the application until I actually need it. As I may not work straight away there. Could save a fair few quid by doing this. However, I thought it would be so much easier to do it now as I have all the evidence and someone to witness it. Just hope it arrives back before we move.

Cheers.

Hi, Akasully,

Yes finally got my TRB check and it is a bit of a pain. You basically need EVERYTHING ( and I mean EVERYTHING!!) that you used for the AITSL. You can't email it, it has to be all sent and then it is approved. I had to sent off 3 big parcels of stuff as they said that I hadn't had EVERYTHING!! certified. Even original letters from the university stating my teaching practice days and awards had to be ( even if they were originals) Eventually got it last week but took about two months. You then have the added surprise of a bill to pay next year subscription. :) Hope all going well for you and good luck!!

Aligard, I see from your profile you have been approved by the WA teaching board. Well done!

how long did it take to process? Did you post the application along with the evidence? I was filling mine in yesterday and I was surprised to read that they won't accept emailed evidence. Seems a very slow process to post it in this day and age. Also, I have to write down my credit card details and post them off and just trust them with it. Don't think a UK cheque would be accepted.

if you know different, please tell!

I did question whether I should delay the application until I actually need it. As I may not work straight away there. Could save a fair few quid by doing this. However, I thought it would be so much easier to do it now as I have all the evidence and someone to witness it. Just hope it arrives back before we move.

Cheers.

Ok, so been looking at trips to:

Starting just before Easter:

UK - see family and friends

Rome - holiday

Germany - visit friends

London - do the tourist bit as kids have never been

Singapore - because we can on route to...

Perth

Each time it comes back to the same date of 14 May flying Singapore to Perth...

Blew the travel agent away with our requests so looks as though it's going to be lots of googling flights and hotels/ self catering on the internet! :swoon:

Hi Akasully,, forgot to say about the credit card details. I felt the same but sent our details off hoping we wouldn't be fleeced....we weren't but still strange to do. Did I mention the bill we got too.....$123.00 dollars. This is on the top of the fee we had to pay for them to register me. ( I know its not much but it's never ending!)

Hi Akasully,, forgot to say about the credit card details. I felt the same but sent our details off hoping we wouldn't be fleeced....we weren't but still strange to do. Did I mention the bill we got too.....$123.00 dollars. This is on the top of the fee we had to pay for them to register me. ( I know its not much but it's never ending!)

What was the $123 for? I thought we just paid for registering $439 plus once approved an annual fee of around $89.

Good to know that the process was the same for you. Comforting to know I haven't misread it!

As for evidence, I certainly don't have files full of stuff to send off, that's worrying. I have ensured the university letter states how many days I did on teaching practice. Luckily I found this out from a colleague who emigrated last year, I couldn't say why I was so interested in this form as it was all secret then but he did reveal that it had to be over 45 days to be valid.

When I asked the university to confirm the course I did, I made sure they said how long I did teaching practice for and that the course was taught fully in English. I don't want to leave anything to chance!

Did you send evidence of work experience? On the form it just asks for place of work, role and dates. No request for evidence. They only extra evidence I need to send is for the police checks needed for working with children. I hope I have got this right.