HELP!! 1 year wrong on employment history, EOI already submitted!

LancashireLass

OK hope someone can help us :embarressed:

Submitted EOI and WA sponsorship approved last month, got our invite to apply for the 489 state sponsored visa. Went ahead and started filling in the application and filled in the employment history just as we did on the EOI, we are claiming for 5 years experience (post qualification). We did this guessing dates before 2010 because of no documents to hand to go off.

Because we couldn't find any wage slips etc for 1st 2 years that we're claiming for (apart from a reference which includes start date in 2007 but no finish date) we contacted HMRC for employment history records, which shows we've made a slip up year 2009-2010 :confused: We've missed out another electrical company that he worked for from July 2009 - Jan 2010, we just put down the 1st company he worked for through 2007 - July 2010, from July 2010 he's worked for himself (plenty of documents to prove from July 2010). I know it seems like a big gap to get wrong but we did a bit of travelling too before he went self employed.

So the problem now being should we change the employment history on DIAC application that corresponds to the tax records that we now have and write a statement about the mistake?! We're not over claiming points because he has still worked as a qualified electrician through that period but just not at the company we put on the EOI.

sorry for the mammoth post but got the money & documents ready to submit, just don't want to fall at the last hurdle and want to be honest with DIAC.

Thanks

Guest Lancaster-Perth

Hi we did the same thing, But because me previous job was in the same skillset they approved it.

We got our PR Visa on the 13/01/14

Hope it's the same for you

Good luck

I think as long as you have evidence of work for the 5 years you are claiming you should be ok to just fill in the application with the correct details. We had to change some dates from what we put in the EOI as we didnt have the exact dates at the time of doing it. We never even heard from the case officer before the grant. If you want to be certain maybe give DIAC a ring but I think as work experience and points aren't changing you will be fine to just correct the application.

I think as long as you have evidence of work for the 5 years you are claiming you should be ok to just fill in the application with the correct details. We had to change some dates from what we put in the EOI as we didnt have the exact dates at the time of doing it. We never even heard from the case officer before the grant. If you want to be certain maybe give DIAC a ring but I think as work experience and points aren't changing you will be fine to just correct the application.

Yeah we have evidence for 5 years just made a mistake on the EOI in the middle of the 5 years employment. Everything is so official when filling in the forms and warnings of refusal if doesn't match up with EOI! I think it's mainly for applicants over claiming. I suppose if we change the dates and add in the other employer and maybe add a note on about the mistake? Like you say as long as we have evidence?!

Not long until you go now! May! Congratulations