Car Sales - easy buy

Bobopaulsy

Hope this ok with moderators .... Please let me know if any problems !!!!

Seaview Ford

Clarkson

Bought my car there when I arrived in Perth in November

Now I'm working there in New & Used car sales ....

For a "no pressure" experience give me a chance as it's a brilliant place to work/buy

Please pm me for contact details and talk to me directly about our stock which is viewable on website

I'll give each PP buyer a full tank of fuel as an extra on any deal !!!

Every little helps

(Thanks mods )

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We appreciate you not posting your mobile number etc all over the site and we're happy for you to add your contact details to your sig strip.

I know you've had some past activity on the site so providing you remain a helpful member of the community, make a regular contribution and don't use the site simply to plug your business we'll all be happy.

Purchasing a car for most is a pretty big deal, especially in a new country so hopefully you can offer some objective and helpful advice.

Cheers

Hi Bob

We have been looking into bringing our car versus selling and buying in Oz. We have a 2008 Vectra (155 bhp) 40,000 on the clock and excellent condition and expect to get £4.5k for it if we sell, it'll cost us in the region of £2k to bring it over to Oz. So if we sell we'd have £6.5k or AU$12k to spend on a car without dipping into our savings.

Would this AU$12k buy us a family sized saloon car of a similar age/ milage/ condition or are we miles out?

we know where you are and have to pass most days, that is when we are there, so good luck. I think we are all looking to your answer on the above question.We are defo bringing our BMW with us , must say I have never seen any on your site. but you could let us know of course

Hi guys thanks for the replies....

To give u an idea what I've found is the used car market is a string one here....there are brilliant deals on new cars ie to compare to your vectra I can supply a new Focus 2.0 trend which has alloys, aircon(obviously) and rear parking sensors in a manual for $18,490 and they are extremely popular..... I'd honestly say unless your car is something special, like BMW Merc Audi, sell it in UK and bank the money..... However everyone has there own opinions that's just mine....

I can speak from experience as I bought focus as soon as we arrived!!!!!!!

Remember I'll give you as much advice as possible wether you buy a car or not as I know how daunting it can be.....

I've also been surprised at how aggressive some garages are (again my experience not a sales pitch lol)

Hope this helps a little

Ps Porty I don't know how to add my contact details to my signature strip lol

No problem

From the home page click Settings in the top right corner then in the My Settings box on the left of that page click Edit Signature

You can add two lines only please so perhaps name and job title on the first and Phone number/website on the second.

Hi Bob

We have been looking into bringing our car versus selling and buying in Oz. We have a 2008 Vectra (155 bhp) 40,000 on the clock and excellent condition and expect to get £4.5k for it if we sell, it'll cost us in the region of £2k to bring it over to Oz. So if we sell we'd have £6.5k or AU$12k to spend on a car without dipping into our savings.

Would this AU$12k buy us a family sized saloon car of a similar age/ milage/ condition or are we miles out?

Consider if you needed a new car in the UK. You're browsing through the small ads and find a Holden Commodore. It looks pretty good value but you've never heard of it. You then find it's an australian import and what then? For some people it represents a good deal but for the vast majority it's a whole world of potential pain.

It'll likely be the same story with your Vectra. Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay and as others have said, unless it's a more prestige marque it'll likely be worth a tiny fraction of its UK value. $12k will easily buy you what you want here, even if it's sizeable deposit on something new.

You may also find your needs are different here; your lifestyle will likely change so your choice of vehicle may do too.

Consider if you needed a new car in the UK. You're browsing through the small ads and find a Holden Commodore. It looks pretty good value but you've never heard of it. You then find it's an australian import and what then? For some people it represents a good deal but for the vast majority it's a whole world of potential pain.

It'll likely be the same story with your Vectra. Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay and as others have said, unless it's a more prestige marque it'll likely be worth a tiny fraction of its UK value. $12k will easily buy you what you want here, even if it's sizeable deposit on something new.

You may also find your needs are different here; your lifestyle will likely change so your choice of vehicle may do too.

I'd be taking a look at that as I have owned one in Oz a 3.6litre, that might not sound much in Oz but there aren't many production cars in the UK with an engine that size. I loved it and would deffo have one again.

Hi we have two cars which we have considered bringing. One is a vauxhall Astra 2.0 turbo. Now I know the Astra is available in Oz but not the turbo petrol model I have running 250bhp in a five door hatch. The second car is a 2010 seat Leon fr 2.0TD 170bhp. On looking I can't seem to find many seats for sale which gives me the impression servicing and spares may be prohibitive. With the Astra is there much call for such a car out there. The Astra would not necessarily be worth much to sell in UK but to replace with similar top spec would cost a lot more. The Seat Leon is a fab car and would be the preferred to take but worried if it breaks we would be waiting months for parts. Any advice would be appreciated as we also have motorbikes and it's between them and the cars.

We appreciate you not posting your mobile number etc all over the site and we're happy for you to add your contact details to your sig strip.

I know you've had some past activity on the site so providing you remain a helpful member of the community, make a regular contribution and don't use the site simply to plug your business we'll all be happy.

Purchasing a car for most is a pretty big deal, especially in a new country so hopefully you can offer some objective and helpful advice.

Cheers

Hi Allan,

Do we get the Perth Poms 25% discount on all cars purchased???:biggrin:

Steve what I would say is when you have cars/utes here which are 4/6/8 litre I don't think you'd be stuck to replace your Astra....apart from the price of course.....

Bikes here are very popular bring them if cost effective to you but I'd honestly consider the cars seriously as everyone's opinion will differ but I'd leave them.....sorry....I don't think there is Seat in Oz so you'd be up against that

Edited by Bobopaulsy

Guest robertmurray7782

Hi Allan,

We arrived a week ago and are after some honest advice about a cheap second hand family car as we have a little one with another on the way. I don't know how to pm you but would appreciate if we could set up a time to meet?

Cheers,

Rob

Rob I've sent you a message so hope you get it ok lol

Rendleroo....

Our cars start at $10k we just don't enter the market below that because it's hard to get a warranty for older cheaper cars and we can't finance over a certain age....

I'm so sorry I can't help you with that but happy to advise you if you do see something out there....

Pm me if need be and I'll drop you my number

Thanks

Allan

Thanks for that. I think we will probably only consider bringing the one bike Suzuki gsx1400 as on further invest the other bike 250 ninja can be replaced for the same money so not worth the shipping costs. 20k for a new focus seems reasonable. What sort of price would a double cab Toyota hilux be and what are the finance rates typically like. Cheers