Ahpra

Cossy_Family

• 3 weeks later...

Sadly mine was submitted sept 2013 and I too am still waiting. They took money early November and confirmed they had everything they needed but apparently there is now new legislation and they refuse to give time frames. Very frustrating ESP when there are jobs out there!!!

• 4 months later...

I would strongly suggest you read AHPRA thread on Poms in Oz forum.

They changed the requirements. I hope you are degree registered else you will need to look into further training. Its not good news with AHPRA, but degree registered nurses are starting to hear back finally.

I would recommend you call and email them. I sent my application off in January and have just had my reg approved. I called and emailed on a frequent basis (because I'm a bit of a control freak) so that I was aware of what stage my application was at.

Hope you hear something soon!

I would recommend you call and email them. I sent my application off in January and have just had my reg approved. I called and emailed on a frequent basis (because I'm a bit of a control freak) so that I was aware of what stage my application was at.

Hope you hear something soon!

My wife is in a similar position, she has a job and was meant to start today but because she hasn't received her APHRA registration the start date is on hold. She constantly telephones APHRA and has been informed it is now at the final stage for decision making!!!

Miamai, how long does it take when it is referred for decision making?

Edited by stu4668
grammer

Hi Stu, i have been an avid reader on Perth poms and following everyones journey, how are you finding Perth since you arrived? and have you had a chance to explore a bit looks like some nice weather coming up end of the week.

Hi Ann,

2 weeks into out new life and we have done quite a lot - registered my son at university, purchased 2 cars, sorted out driving licences, TFN numbers, medicare, viewed loads of properties on our first weekend, set up our bank accounts, started the application process for a mortgage with a broker. My wife can not start her job until she receives her APHRA registration however I had 1 week off/holiday and am still working remotely for my UK employer.

we chilled out this weekend, went to the market a subiaco and it p@#s$d down, dinner with friends Saturday evening, yanchep national park sunday for a ride out. We were in Perth in 2012 and 2013 and visited a lot of the attractions back then, what we would like to do once we are a little more settled is travel further up or down the coast.

also it would be good to put faces to names, so where possible I will try and get to some of these PP meet ups

so how long have you been here?

Glad to see you have achieved so much in a short time, where do you hope to buy? I was born in Sydney my parents were english, i have lived and worked in the UK over the years, My Husband and eldest son are Poms, we decided to sell a house in uk last year it was rented to family, was living in Sydney but came to Perth for a holiday and bought land, designed and built a house and have been in Perth approx 5years, I do like it here, but I think we may eventually move to northern qld, we also love it there.

Glad to see you have achieved so much in a short time, where do you hope to buy? I was born in Sydney my parents were english, i have lived and worked in the UK over the years, My Husband and eldest son are Poms, we decided to sell a house in uk last year it was rented to family, was living in Sydney but came to Perth for a holiday and bought land, designed and built a house and have been in Perth approx 5years, I do like it here, but I think we may eventually move to northern qld, we also love it there.

We are looking around the following suburbs: Currambine, Connolly, Iluka, Burns Beach, Joondalup but are open to other areas as long as they are not too far out. We were initially going to rent our property in the uk then decided earlier this year to sell it as that way we could have a smaller mortgage here in oz and enjoy life a little. I'm looking forward to exploring oz, we have so far done Melbourne, cairns, Sydney and perth.

all those areas have nice pockets, connolly is nice near the golf course, Burns beach, being nearer to freeway, i like Iluka,i have a friend in Currambine, where we live the population is 48% brits near the beach and we have a beachside cafe that is very popular with live music called chippies beach shack people go down there to watch the sunsets, only it is not open as much when the weather is cold, but as soon a spring hits and the weather is warm it will be open a lot more, in summer your lucky to get a seat, so you will have to try it out, you will think your back home with all the pommie accents around,where in uk were you from?

all those areas have nice pockets, connolly is nice near the golf course, Burns beach, being nearer to freeway, i like Iluka,i have a friend in Currambine, where we live the population is 48% brits near the beach and we have a beachside cafe that is very popular with live music called chippies beach shack people go down there to watch the sunsets, only it is not open as much when the weather is cold, but as soon a spring hits and the weather is warm it will be open a lot more, in summer your lucky to get a seat, so you will have to try it out, you will think your back home with all the pommie accents around,where in uk were you from?

I will try it out Ann, let me know when it opens again. we are from North Yorkshire, a little town called Harrogate

annjean, they were building chippies when I stayed with friends in Jindalee in Dec 2012. Obs got wrong end of stick and thought it was going to be a chippy ( chip shop). Doh! loved the beach

midwife momma, yes it is a outdoor cafe with fish, chips,burgers and meals, wood fired Pizzas are yum,breakfasts are great there in summer ,music i think fridays & Saturdays and Sunday afternoons, great coffee, byo your own alcohol, nice family atmosphere, parks for the kids and of course glorious beach and sunsets, got to have your camera with you.,

hi Stu, we have driven from Sydney to Port douglas in Qld, great driving as you can stop and stay where you want, we eventually want to live at Palm Cove north of Cairns, I have been to Yorkshire, lived in Lancashire a while so not far away, then the house we just sold was in a village called Northborough in Cambridge, also lived on Isle of Wight for a short time.I love England cannot get enough of the countryside, the villages etc,i better stop or ill make people homesick,lol

hi Stu, we have driven from Sydney to Port douglas in Qld, great driving as you can stop and stay where you want, we eventually want to live at Palm Cove north of Cairns, I have been to Yorkshire, lived in Lancashire a while so not far away, then the house we just sold was in a village called Northborough in Cambridge, also lived on Isle of Wight for a short time.I love England cannot get enough of the countryside, the villages etc,i better stop or ill make people homesick,lol

we stayed in palm cove in 2012, lovely little beachside resort, we also went up to port douglas, that was quite nice as well. I don't think I could live there as they do say the humidity drives people crazy in summer:arghh: